Home

How many years have you gone?

This is a discussion on How many years have you gone? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How many years have you gone?

I'm currently in 2015 in my Seahawks franchise, and man, have I been dominating!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon11 Re: How many years have you gone?

Passing Observation: As you move past 10 years, the average age of the players gets noticeably higher and the injuries become LESS frequent. Counter-intuitive, huh!

My impression is that now (2018 and 2019) less than half the teams I play have ANY players injured. Two is rare, maybe once or twice a year I see that. I expected my team's injuries to go down because I go to a lot of trouble to keep players with low health off my roster, but injuries are down across the NFL.

My guess is that it has to do with the quality of the trainers. My early trainers weren't very good but the last three have all been 99's!

Last edited by Wheeler Dealer; 12-02-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
Passing Observation: As you move past 10 years, the average age of the players gets noticeably higher and the injuries become LESS frequent. Counter-intuitive, huh!

My impression is that now (2018 and 2019) less than half the teams I play have ANY players injured. Two is rare, maybe once or twice a year I see that. I expected my team's injuries to go down because I go to a lot of trouble to keep players with low health off my roster, but injuries are down across the NFL.

My guess is that it has to do with the quality of the trainers. My early trainers weren't very good but the last three have all been 99's!
It's something I noted when I was tracking the college coaches the first 5 years. There's a Overall 70 trainer or two that comes out every offseason after the 1st from the colleges or maybe FA. After 5 years, you should expect a lot of teams to have these trainers. Near 10, almost all teams should have one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've never gotten beyond Year 4. I've used the Bills twice, and the Buccaneers three times. Won the super bowl at least twice each time I played. It's very common to be 16-0 by Year 3. It's too easy to win imo.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

If the game is too easy for you to enjoy it, impose some house rules on yourself. If you already know too much about the players in the early drafts, let your GM run the draft.

I have a list of things the game will allow me to do that I don't, so I can enjoy the game. If there's not a real chance of losing, I can't get much satisfaction from winning.

It would be a shame to miss out on a good game because you had too much outside info or because you had learned and used all the game's bugs.

If you enjoy a really easy game, don't worry about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »