Home

My Most Entertaining Season

This is a discussion on My Most Entertaining Season within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Smile My Most Entertaining Season

In 2019 my two guiding principles collided, "No save and reload!" vs. "What's the most fun?' "What's the most fun?" prevailed.

I was starting my second year with Tampa Bay and wanted my own coaches. Unlike the other two times I made wholesale coaching changes, this time I wasn't able to hire until after the Divisional Playoff Round. I didn't like the coaches I got and didn't know if the other coaches available would be more to my liking. I hate the staff hiring process in this game anyway, so: save and reload until I knew which coaches I wanted. I chose coaches with better potential but less experience.

The first thing I noticed was that the other teams were running the ball much better. Then as I shifted my attention to stopping the run, naturally they started passing better! The coaching staff is really important! (Duh!)

12 of 19 games were decided by 8 points or less. One other (Divisional Playoff) was greater because after I scored with about 1:00 left to take the lead I got a pick six as time expired. There was a game where I entered the 4th Quarter trailing 42-14 and won 53-50 on a FG as the clock ran out. (Yes, I scored 39 in the 4th Quarter!) The next week I tied the game on the last play of regulation and won on a KO Return TD to start OT!

The Conference Championship Game was worth a post of its own. I was not doing well against Josh Johnson and the Eagles. To make things worse I got distracted by real life and tried a FG from the 35, my 35! (I once read, but can't confirm, that the N. O. head coach was confused about whose 44 yard line they were on when he ordered Dempsey's 63 yard FG!) I scored with about 4:00 to play to cut it to 10 points. I recovered an onside kick and soon faced a 4th and goal on the Eagles 7 yard line. I went for it and Andre Woodson made me look good. Now I kicked long with 2:06 to play. Three and out using two timeouts followed. It finally came down to a tying 51 yard FG (4th and 14) and then winning 40-34 in OT on a 65 yard breakaway run.

Even though I won most of the games the real fun was that I only felt like three games were decided with 2:00 to go!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »