Home

Components of a great dynasty thread?

This is a discussion on Components of a great dynasty thread? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Components of a great dynasty thread?

As I embark on my first OS NFL HC09 Dynasty thread, I was curious as to what you all consider to be important (and much more enjoyable) components/piece of a well-designed dynasty thread. Story lines? Graphs? Video snapshots? Please feel free to comment on your thoughts. Much appreciated. Take care and happy gaming!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Components of a great dynasty thread?

I enjoy a good story. A little window dressing makes it a lot more fun than just telling about a game we play. I've seen several here that do an excellent job of that.

Last edited by Wheeler Dealer; 12-11-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: correction
Old 12-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

A great dynasty thread is one that gets updated.

In all seriousness, make your reader care about your coach and team. A lot will depend on whether you sim or play. I used to describe every scoring play, but I found out it took a lot of time. If you sim, you might try and let people know about the players and the seasons they have.

I don't use a big graphical element except when I use generators, but that's the way I do things. If you enjoy including a graphical element, use it frequently. Some narrative is important, but do it in a way that works for you.Make sure your dynasty is done in a way you like, and do your best to make your readers like it too.

Last edited by Mike3207; 12-10-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Tell what you learn about being a better player/coach/GM as you go. Share not just your joy but your lessons.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebongreen
Tell what you learn about being a better player/coach/GM as you go. Share not just your joy but your lessons.
Now this a good idea. You have given me a good idea ebongreen. Thanks to all of you for your input. And please feel free to add more. I will try to model my current dynasty based on your feedback/responses to this question.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »