Home

How to Fix Decling in Health?

This is a discussion on How to Fix Decling in Health? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon8 How to Fix Decling in Health?

I'm into 2020 now and the player pool is older and you end up with more health problems. Early on I never noticed they got much better until I traded or cut them! Now I've got a 32 year old DE I'd really like to keep but he's just not healthy, at least he wasn't in 2019.

I sat him out for the last 7 regular season games and all the practices but that only moved him from the low 60% to high 60% range before the playoffs. Now he's back to a 62% average health.

I need him to go ahead and get injured so my trainer can fix him. (he's got that top special skill that brings the injured body part back to full health).

Is there anything I can do to fix this guy? Other than hope he gets injured?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: How to Fix Decling in Health?

You're the first person I ever knew to get the top special skill for trainers-I was thinking it was impossible. Getting him injured would be your best bet-age catches up to all players.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm not sure how much that trainer skill will actually help you out in this instance. It is only supposed to work for the specific body part. Chances are, if your player is just older, he's gonna still have problems in other areas.

Also, I'd be very interested to know what happens if he does get injured. I have never had that skill for my trainer and I am curious as to whether it will only bring the injury back to the players max health for a body part. Kind of like when I have an old player who's max fatigue is 70%. You can sit him all season and out of every practice and he will never get higher than that because of his age and the general wear and tear on his body. It is entirely possible that the max injury level for your player is around the 62% that you mentioned, and that even with that training skill, it will only repair any injury to the players maximum ceiling level, not up to 100%. In this players case, full health might only be around the 62& mark.

I'm just not sure you can get around the aging process with that skill, but as I said, if he gets injured, I'd be very interested to know what happens.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
Rookie

When I hired this trainer he had all the other special skills and about 12500 points of the 15000 he needed for the top special skill. It is my 13th year. He doesn't have all the basic skills available to him.

My current plan is to trade this player if possible. If not, I'll play him until he gets injured. I will report back in that case.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

This is a surprise. Every other case of low health I've had didn't improve appreciably no matter what I did. I've seen a player's low health carry over from season to season and from team to team. I think I mentioned that I sat this player out of practice and out of games for the last 7 games of the regular season. His overall health went up from 62% to 65% during those 7 weeks.

As I began trianing camp I noticed a miracle had occurred so I went back and looked at the player's health at all the save points I keep.

Begin playoffs 65% (torso 32%)
Begin Offseason 62% (torso 21%)
predraft 81% (torso 50%)
Begin TC 91% (Right arm 85%)
Begin RS 86% (legs 74%)
after G1 83% (legs 73%)

I'm sure there was not a game changer. When I noticed he had recovered to 91% I watched him through the first week of camp and he went up to 92%. I didn't look again until just before the first RS game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »