Home

Starting A Dynasty (Input wanted)

This is a discussion on Starting A Dynasty (Input wanted) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Talking Starting A Dynasty (Input wanted)

Long time reader just finally decided to post. Anyways I am looking for a team to play with and I am open to suggestion. I desperately want a challenge. I would perfer to not play with the Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, and Falcons as I have won the Superbowl back to back in the first two seasons with those teams. If I get enough suggestions I will take them but I am looking for something new. Just a heads up I am going to use the west coast offense with 4-2-5 on defense, so I would perfer a team that doesn't fit the schemes. Instead of making a poll, I am going to ask that you all write in teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Starting A Dynasty (Input wanted)

Minnesota Vikings
Old 12-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

The teams that run the 3-4 defense (Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers) could be interesting to change to a 4-2-5 scheme. From there you can cut out the Chargers, 49ers, Patriots, and Steelers since the Chargers, Pats and Steelers are personally too easy to run with the West Coast offense, and the 49ers run their own version of the West Coast. That leaves the Browns, Cowboys, Jets, and Ravens. The Cowboys and Ravens are better on defense even before the 2008 draft, and I'm sure if you're looking for a challenge it'd probably be best to steer clear of these 2, which leaves the Browns and Jets. The Jets have the #6 pick in the draft, but the Browns don't have a pick until the 4th round. Taking another look at both teams' rosters right at the start of off season, the Jets need a long-term answer at QB and some O-Line help; defensively (outside of Darrelle Revis, Kerry Rhodes, and David Harris) the team looks pretty suspect. The Browns are pretty solid on offense, but need to make huge upgrades on defense.

From there the choice is up to you: Browns or Jets?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3

With what the 2011 Browns are trying to do (a new 4-3 defense), it would be interesting to see what you can do with the 2008 version. Give that one a try. I would definitely be interested in following the dynasty.

Good luck!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchiKai2
With what the 2011 Browns are trying to do (a new 4-3 defense), it would be interesting to see what you can do with the 2008 version.
See? I knew my idea would be a good one. I have an idea of how to make the changes from 3-4 to 4-2-5, but I'm not going to spoil it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Washington Redskins. of course, that might be just a bit too harsh.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Vikes! Sim the first season and draft a QB for the future with your draft pick!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »