Home

Positional Philosophies' Key Attributes

This is a discussion on Positional Philosophies' Key Attributes within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Positional Philosophies' Key Attributes

That makes sense. If I think about it, most of the time I've got a guy going deep, he usually has to jump up to catch the ball. It's rare that someone outright burns a guy in this game, unless he's made a mistake due to poor play knowledge.

So, when would you use the Speed WR philosophy in this game? I'd think with the Spread offense, you'd want the quick, route runner, right?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Speed would be a beginner philosophy. The only time I'd really use it is if Im using a strong arm tools qb. That means my qb is a meat head and just throws real hard and barely accurate enough. So in that case, i would want speed wrs, to catch up to bad passes and to throw it deep everyonce in a while to keep the defense honest(off my running game).

I would tend to agree with your spread choice except for one exeception. If Im running an option run like the michigan spread, I want my recievers on speed. Reason being they need speed to do the reverses and be a good option on the pitches. Not too mention in that playbook its not a complex route tree. Its posts and slants streaks outs ins and curls really. Nothing so advances like a post corner or some of the option routes that would warrant a need for route running to be a specialty.

Remember, your philosophy shouldnt just match your players, it should match your playbook. Thats why a lot of coaches that come in cut good players, they dont fit their scheme. You could try to bend the scheme for a year or two to see if it works with said player but if you know he's not fast enough or what not, why waste time with him when you could train someone else that fits your playbook/preferred philosophy....
Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
Pro

Thanks, that makes sense. This is why I love this game...you can play with the same team in so many ways considering all the playbooks and philosophies, drafts, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Imagine if madden were like that and then realize its not a dream, its called madden 2013..... If I were gay, and he would let me, Id marry josh looman and find a way to have his baby.... and Im a guy so it would have to be some straight up arnold schawzanegger in junior **** to pull it off... I know thats a disgusting joke but I mean every word, and IM straight as an arrow....

Last edited by Byron Yatch; 09-04-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #37
Pro

OK, here's another philosophy question: if you were using the Run Stopper OLB philosophy, what kind of defensive scheme would you predominantly use? I'm assuming these LBs will be a liability in coverage, so you'd probably have to use mostly zone coverage against the pass, right?

Another question: if you were running a lot of zone blitz (or Cover 3 zone in general), what philosophy would you choose for your CBs? Cover 2 philosophy values zone coverage, so that seems to make sense, but I'm wondering if you need everyone to blitz in a zone blitz scheme that maybe you'd want a prototype CB...someone who is very athletic. What do you think?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »