Home

When do you abandon your current dynasty?

This is a discussion on When do you abandon your current dynasty? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
When do you abandon your current dynasty?

I'm on the eve of the superbowl in year 2 with my current Fins dynasty. We had a good year, enough to make the playoffs, and then a fantastic run through the playoffs, along the way knocking off two very strong teams including the defending champion Colts (who went hardcore 15-1 this season, and the 1 regular season loss wasn't to us) in the 2009 AFC championship game, one of the best games I've ever played. We're on the eve of the superbowl against the Vikings (who I'm think we're probably favored to beat actually), and I'm actually kinda worried. Not about winning mind you, but about whether I'm going to get bored if we win. See, we're early. I didn't expect to get to the superbowl until year 4 or year 5, considering I dumped 90% of the team in the 2008 off-season and changed both playbooks. If we win the superbowl this quickly, what's next, going for back-to-back?

I'm thinking back to when I've started new franchises in the past, and it's always either when I come up with a new concept for a team I haven't tried before, or when we get "too good" and keep winning the superbowl. This particular team I wasn't even sure we'd make the playoffs in year 2, let alone get this far. I was expecting at least another season before we made it to the AFC championship at the very least. I'm going to have to re-define what my challenge is here I guess.

I'm curious about you guys? When do you throw in the towel and start over?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: When do you abandon your current dynasty?

I start over when I don't think I can lose the games. I won the Super Bowl last year, but only beat the Patriots by 3 points this year early in the season. As long as most games are competitive-I keep playing.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would agree with the both of you, once your team gets too good to where you don't lose and once your team gets to the point where your coaching staff is maxed out
Old 01-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Once my team is 100% under contract for two or more years. Thus I had drafted most of the team.

Usually it's around 5-7 years in. After some point there is only so much I can do to one team before I get bored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »