Home

Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playbooks

What are your favorite playbooks (offensive and defensive) and which what team do you use them with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay445
What are your favorite playbooks (offensive and defensive) and which what team do you use them with
Michigan Spread and Jim Johnson Blitz-Bears.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

On Offense, I've played the patriots air attack, steelers smashmouth, and Holmgren's west coast.

Of the 3, Holmgren's is my favorite by a slim margin, although I had success with both of the others. Holmgren's is the one I've learned to actually play the best.

On Defense, I've used only LeBeau Zone Blitz and Tampa 2. I by far prefer Tampa 2, but I admit that I do not know how to properly call plays under 3-4 zone blitz (and quite possibly I made poor roster decisions for that setup too).
Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Offense: Modified Marts playbook is easy mode.
Defense: Own 4-3 playbook with only man blitzes. Also easy mode.

For challenge I like to go with a run-heavy offense and a 3-4 defense, which is poorly implemented by the engine.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

My playbooks are pretty highly modified so ill just give you the formations and style they use.

Offense- Modified west coast spread offense with power running tendencies. I try to mainly use the Singleback and Offset I formations the most.

Formations:
Near (Strong I)
Weak I
Singleback (3Wr/1Te/1HB or 4 WR)
Shotgun spread

Defense- 4-3 man coverage with medium blitz. I try to get most pressure from a 4 or 5 line front will overload blitzes when need be.

Formations:
4-3
Nickel
Dime
Quarter
4-4
Goaline

I forget the names but I THINK they base books were Grundowski Offense (forget the exact name) and for defense I think it was the Zimmer 4-3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Michigan Spread and Jim Johnson Blitz-Bears.
Since I am the Pats with Ophalmer as Coach, would it be wrong to choose that Jim Johnson defense? I assume Johnson's defense is a 4-3 type and Pats use a 3-4. I am asking in terms of starting a new career with the Pats.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

You could do both-use a custom playbook.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
You could do both-use a custom playbook.
The main reason I asked was no dime package for the Patriots. I know Jets 3-4 has a dime package, which I found out after posting above. I went in and looked at various playbooks, offensive and defensive. I can see adding plays from the left column, but that is just those that are available. How do you combine or steal plays from another playbook?

I am not sure going with the 4-3 is the right move for my personnel. Adding in some dime formations from the Jets would be helpful. What I don't know is which LB they take out in the Dime, MLB, LOLB, or ROLB. I think in Madden it's MLB #2. The other thing I would lilke to know is how do I add some of those Jets dime plays to my playbook?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »