Home

My 'Phins HC

This is a discussion on My 'Phins HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: My 'Phins HC

so i get to 16-0 .... ! get the pats in divisional and manage to beat them gaining revenge for last years wildcard game
get the colts in afc championship ...
however i manage to win mainly by ball control in 4th qtr (12 min drive by running and 2 passes ), force a 3 and out within their 20 and run the clock.
so i exit and the effing game freezes !!!! grrrr

given i play this game not super sim its really annoying.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

The way you beat QB's like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is to beat them with a stick as they slept, but once they're out on the field they're almost impossible to stop. I say almost because the Giants proved it the last time they met the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and the answer is so simple it's stupid: a pass rush. Take my battle with the Saints earlier in the season of my dynasty here; Drew Brees was brought down 14 times by my defensive front-7. So it was a combination of strong pass defense and effective pass rushing that allowed my Broncos to take down Brees and his Saints

Achieve those 2 things and you'll beat Brady and Manning and show the world they're not invincible, as the Giants showed us even gods can bleed.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

so get to the Superbowl and beat the Eagles hurray !

next offseason keep all the same coaches, except dump my 73 lb coach for Bruschi (better potential)

dump/trade everyone that i think is non essential (end result is cap penalty in year 3 is 27M but i still have a job and few ppl on bonuses that i would get rid of

draft is interesting, i try and trade every non essential player to trade up, getting anything for them is a bonus compared to release with nothing

manage to get pick 4, trade down to 8 accumulating picks. get Reno

trade up with players and get Foley (already have Mack Jackson)

multiple trades of players and trading down means i end up with 19 rookies drafted added to a roster of 30. the real bonus is extra 1st and 2 extra 2nd for 2011.

next is the 5 undrafted, and the training camp invites ...

then trade next years 1sts and 2 2nd picks for mangold and 3 other solid OL, all with 4+ years left on contract, all under 26, all with high durability, learning, awareness and skills (or higher progression)

as i traded those OL towards end of camp their play knowledge is low so they wont play till week 6 earliest. now i have a solid qb who is being game manager while he develops, relying on heavy package run game, 2 fbs, 3 te, 4 wrs. an oline that will only get better.

on defence i have some reasonable des plus lopez and moore at dt. however at lb i have knox/jackson/foley/bomani with 2 solid back up urlacher type mlbs and joey porter and buffalo rolb.

last season knox had 29 sacks, jackson 19, porter 15. this lot so far after game 3 (2-1) are likely to beat that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »