Home

Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Penalties

Sometimes I wonder if the game just randomly rolls the penalty dice and claims that a penalty happens whether you see it on-screen or not.

I can't count the number of facemask penalties I've seen where the defender tackled someone in the waist or legs.

More amazingly, at least 50% of the time that pass interference is called, there's nothing even resembling pass interference going on. Today, I saw the king of "wtf is the computer thinking?!" when my CB Kenny Phillips actually cleanly intercepted the ball and then had pass interference called on him. I'm pretty sure that's not possible. I even went looking for the challenge option, but it wasn't even available.

Anybody else seeing this sort of thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Penalties

Yeah ive seen some crap like that but in case you Didn't know ea is full of idiots they rush games hence the reason you see stupid penalties like that and also you can't challenge penalties
Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

Y'know I've had problems with penalties too, but none as often as bad coach's challenges. One challenge I tried to overturn was the opponent's HB clearly coughing up the ball before his knee ever hit the ground, but the refs ruled against it. Later that same game, the same thing happened to my HB. This time the replay clearly showed his right knee hit the grass at least 2 seconds before the ball ever came out, but the refs ruled it a fumble. I was about to throw my controller straight through the TV after that call. Another thing that pisses me off (well 2 things) about this game: 1) opposing defenders always slam into my WR's and TE's and knock the ball loose when they try to catch it, but my defenders never do this; 2) defending LB's (especially MLB's and ILB's) constantly jump up and deflect passes even when A: their backs are turned to the QB and/or B: the pass is roughly 10 feet from either side of them or 10 feet above their head. Again my LB's never do this or even attempt to. It's things like this that keep me from playing very often.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0

Facemasking penalties ALWAYS come at the worst time and the flag is thrown the second contact is made reguardless what the tackle image is,ridiculous
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

The only one I've ever had a real problem with is the facemask penalty. I usually drop the slider down to 35 and that will take care of most of the absurd calls.

On a side note, I also struggle with the Pass Interference penalties from time to time. Perhaps it stems from the fact that I'm a DB guy by trade, but I hate seeing flags thrown for minimal contact. I don't mess with the slider with this one though because it isn't as prevalent a problem as the facemask.

How can a defender wrap up a receiver's legs and be called for a facemask? Ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

Exactly or the tackle animation when the defender completely undercuts the ballcarrier wtf
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's just something you have to live with, or turn the penalties down. I personally try to convince myself that a lot of those penalties take place away from the ball. If i can;t see a face mask on the tackle, I chalk it up to a lineman somewhere commiting the penalty or something like that. The facemask doesn't have to happen on the tackle. It helps me deal a little, but not all the time.

But deep inside, yeah, I know it's just cheap and random more than likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »