Home

If I sim pre-season does my GM sign my rookies?

This is a discussion on If I sim pre-season does my GM sign my rookies? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

OVR: 1
If I sim pre-season does my GM sign my rookies?

Just wondering?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If I sim pre-season does my GM sign my rookies?

check your clipboard settings. anything with a checkmark in "delegate" is handled by your GM if you choose not to do it. a couple are "locked-in" so that they can't be ignored. I don't remember if rookie contracts are part of that.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I can't say for certain they will sign your rookies, but I wouldn't recommend doing that anyway. The cap can absolutely kill you as it is, and you don;t know what kind of contracts your GM might saddle you with if they do sign the players. You can sign most of the guys before camp even starts most of the time, and generally the holdouts will sign by the second week. It might be better just to sim the preseason games and sign the players yourseelf so you can know how much money you want to give each guy. After a week or 2 of that, everyone should be signed and you can go ahead and sim the rest of the preseason.

Either way, I think whatever rookies don;t get signed in preseason keep coming up every week in the regular season for you to negotiate with.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, your GM will not sign your rookies. I,ve seen this often when i sim a season with Colts/Patriots so i can take Dungy/Ophamer to a new franchise. The rookies will still be there waiting to be signed after the superbowl.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

You have to go to clipboard in settings and you can customize everything you want to delegate. Most things work, unfortunately delegating challenges in a game doesn't. But yes you can delegate signing your rookies to your gm though it's not recommended because you can get every rookie to sign the lowest offer. Plus I don't know if a lot of people know you can change the amount the guys are asking for. I save right before a rookie comes up the FIRST time they ask for a contract. Sometimes a first round pick will ask for something along the lines of 15 to 18 mil total. quit and reload until it comes up at 9 to 13 depending on if your pick was in the teens or twenties. I always reload it till it's at 8 mil or 11 depending on how high i drafted them. It doesn't matter if they don't accept it the first time as every time you go back to renegotiate it will be the same figure so you have to do it the first time he comes up for a contract. It's how I keep even the stingiest of players to take the cheapest contract. And I'm always in good shape with the salary cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »