Home

Flexbone: A viable playbook?

This is a discussion on Flexbone: A viable playbook? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Flexbone: A viable playbook?

I've been around this site for years, and i have played the game for a number of years now. After recently being introduced to the flex bone playbook, i must say that i cannot get enough of it. I love every intricacy of the the triple option and georgia tech football.

So my question is, is there any way to make the flex bone a viable playbook in this game.

For example for my A-backs, i use players like eddie royal, and place him as my 2nd HB in the depth chart. There is something about the depth chart that draws one A-back from the HB #2 position and one from the FB#1 position.

This leads to another question. I can't switch eddie royal's position to a HB, so does this affect performance when i place him as a HB#2 in my system?

My second question is: Do the lineman know to release the DLineman, so that the qb can make a read? If not, what do they do instead??

Third, I have always wondered about wide receiver blocking stats. Some receivers like Eddie royal have ridiculously high blocking stats...Are these accurate? If so that would be tremendous for blocking out of the triple option for the pssb!

Lastly: is there anyway to make a "Rocket Toss" sort of play for my playbook, that would certainly be a key play.

Thanks for anyone who can answer, this is one of my favourite games and if i could somehow make the flex bone work, it would be amazing

Last edited by jimmysmith; 02-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Flexbone: A viable playbook?

Just to note, i'll be taking the denver broncos to test out the playbook! I will be making a custom playbook out of the default "option offense" playbook and getting rid of the shotgun plays. I'll only have around 50-60 plays in my offensive playbook, just like paul johnson or most other flex bone teams do!

I'll have Eddie Royal and Anthony Aldridge as my A-backs
I'm gonna bring in Jason Snelling as my B-Back
and Josh Johnson or Vince Young as my QB

I'm going to get zone blocking lineman just like denver does in real life so that i have smaller, athletic lineman for my scheme.

and i'm gonna keep brandon marshall as he is one of the best blocking receivers out there!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
Rookie

can anyone answer this???
Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

I have not tried it in a dynasty but I do know a few things about it.
1. The play "WB Around" is broken, the QB always misses the handoff.
2. The Option pass plays don't work, the QB never throws the ball, he just runs it like a normal triple option.
3. Most of the runs are straight up the middle, there is a lack of runs to the outside unless your running an option.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

I have tried this before and it doesn't work out well. These plays simply aren't represented well in the game especially under AI control (as apposed to in NCAA where you can make it work).
NHL: LA Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

can anyone answer questions 1 and 3, Thanks!!

Last edited by jimmysmith; 02-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

Question 1. The players overall rating doesn't affect his performance it is just how he is rated based on the position settings that you have. So putting a WR at RB might give him a low rating but it won"t aFfect his performance. You can change a WR to) but I think you can change a WR to a TE, a TE to a FB, and a Fb to a HB. This may be a way to change a WR to a HB. I have never actually tried this thou.
Question 3. You might be able to take an under center end around play and move players around to make a jet sweep type play although it would not be a toss play.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

you can only change wr <> qb, te <> fb

as for triple option working, i have a couple of simple dual option pa plays and occassionally the qb throws most of the time he hands off. this isnt because of the read as coverage drops to zone. think ai isnt ideal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »