Home

Game questions..

This is a discussion on Game questions.. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Game questions..

Ok, I dont know anything about this game, but am interested now.
Questions, can I change rosters to old time teams If I want??
can you make playbooks? Do I have to control atleast 1 team in a game like BB..? How good is it and which one is the best?

Thanks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Game questions..

You can't change rosters to old time teams. You can make your own playbooks and make your own plays. You have to control one team because you are the head coach for the team. You make all personel decisions, hire coaches, etc.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Game questions..

One thing I always tell people that ask about the game is that you can't control any of the players on the field. It's a coaching game, you call the plays and the players do their thing without you controlling them. I tell people this because I've seen a few people who bought it and then didn't like not actually controlling the players, so just keep that in mind.

You control one team per career, but you can choose to quit (or get fired if things go badly) at the end of each season and look for another job from whoever is hiring. You do everything a coach/general manager would from creating playbooks if you want to scouting and drafting, free agents and so on.

The game has 4 estalbished draft paths. Each path has it's own draft classes and players and you can only use one path per career. Those paths run rouchly around 15 seasons each give of take. So you can go through 4 different careers and always have different players to choose from, which I really like.

It's the best similation of the NFL in my opinion not counting textbased sims like Front Office Football. But again, keep in mind you only coach, you do not control any of the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »