Home

Historical Players

This is a discussion on Historical Players within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Historical Players

i am wondering if anybody who has found a running back or full back that is exactly like jim brown or close to him or has anybody found a player that has played prior to the 1980s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Historical Players

I did see a player once compared to fran tarkenton, a great qb for minnesota vikings back in the 60's and 70's. other than that? haven't seen any that i can remember.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

OVR: 0

Ten years into the Zazzali Path, the only comparison of a contemporary of Brown I've seen, besides the Takenton QB, is a MLB compared to Ray Nitschke. There's a Walter Payton comp, but Payton didn't come into the league until 1976.

I wish there were more comps from the Brown era, but on the other hand it's kind of fitting that there isn't one for him. There hasn't been, and may never be, another like Jim Brown.

Last edited by TrufflesEater; 02-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Thats true jim brown is a one in a 100 years type of player
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrufflesEater
Ten years into the Zazzali Path, the only comparison of a contemporary of Brown I've seen, besides the Takenton QB, is a MLB compared to Ray Nitschke. There's a Walter Payton comp, but Payton didn't come into the league until 1976.

I wish there were more comps from the Brown era, but on the other hand it's kind of fitting that there isn't one for him. There hasn't been, and may never be, another like Jim Brown.
The Fran Tarkenton QB is a GOOD QB to have too. I drafted him the same year I lost Tom Brady to retirement in my Pats Dynasty but the only knock I had on the guy was his low Learning ability. He played backup through out Pre-Season and was the focus of my Pre-Season practices and by the end he was a 78 OVR with 95 POT. He ended up getting the nod to start at QB after the 87 OVR 91 POT (Brees Comp from 2 years earlier) started throwing 3+ INTs a game. The guy came in and lit it up. At seasons end (After winning the Super Bowl) he was a 91 OVR and 95 POT. I made the mistake (some call it a mistake some love it) of using the Motivator skill and he went to a 98 POT and will soon hit that but I kind of wish I hadn't purchased it because EVERYONE is now 90+ POT on my team and I don't know who to sign and who to trade. I have been a Draft Pick Hoarder for years with the Pats and have traded down nearly every year and have over 20 picks in this coming draft and the one after. Mind you many are 5,6,7 but still. I stopped playing the Dynasty for now because it got too easy but the Fran Tarkenton QB is a beast and deserves the comparison thats for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »