Home

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
The Beginning

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38
Draft Paths

Can somebody rank the draft paths from best to worst(without giving away spoilers) for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Draft Paths

English
Jones
Zazzali
Sweetney
NBA 2K14 (PC)
WWE 2K20 (XB1)
The Outer Worlds (XB1)
Spider-Man (PS4)
Fallout 3 GOTY (PC)
Fallout 4 (PC)
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlastlast
English
Jones
Zazzali
Sweetney

it kind of depends on what positions you need. like, if you need cornerbacks, English is a bit sparse for a few years. If you need receivers, jones is crazy good.

That said, overall, I'd say the above ranking is pretty close to correct, however it's not exactly linear. let's say we're ranking the draft paths out of 10, where 10 is crazy good (20 pro bowlers and 5 hall-of-famers level) and 1 is worthless (say, maybe 2 pro bowlers total and your draft picks from 2nd round and later may not even make the roster). I'd put the draft paths, on average (there are weak years and strong years in all of em) as follows:

English - 9
Jones - 8
Zazzali - 5
Sweetney - 4

english and jones are way better than zazzali and sweetney.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

OVR: 0

Depends on what you think is good or bad. I think the English path is ridiculous. All the early talent strains realism and makes building a team way too easy. I'd say it's the worst.
Personally, I think the Zazzali Path is far more realistic, and loads of fun to play out.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrufflesEater
Depends on what you think is good or bad. I think the English path is ridiculous. All the early talent strains realism and makes building a team way too easy. I'd say it's the worst.
Personally, I think the Zazzali Path is far more realistic, and loads of fun to play out.
I've only ever played the English draft and I'd agree that it's crazy, probably too strong. I'm in 2015 right now and I don't have a single player on my roster (oh, scratch that, I have Andre Woodson and Brandon Flowers) who were on a roster or in the 2009 draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

I'd say Sweetney is closer to 2. Not worthless, but you need to work quite a bit to find good talent-at least in the early years. I'd say English-Very Easy, Ozzie Jones-Easy, Zazzali-Average, Sweetney-Hard.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I'd say Sweetney is closer to 2. Not worthless, but you need to work quite a bit to find good talent-at least in the early years. I'd say English-Very Easy, Ozzie Jones-Easy, Zazzali-Average, Sweetney-Hard.
I pretty much agree with this. The most fun to play is probably Zazzali or Sweetney though, because once you figure out how to get great players, English and Jones become too easy to stack up your teams in no time.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
I pretty much agree with this. The most fun to play is probably Zazzali or Sweetney though, because once you figure out how to get great players, English and Jones become too easy to stack up your teams in no time.
I would agree without even playing Zazzali or Sweetney yet. Because I'm in the English draft and without any help (either reading draft lists straight up from the interwebs or individual workouts-restart loops) other than the game's scouting, I'm picking out gems in all rounds. I'm selling my bench guys who have potentials and overalls near 90 most seasons and reloading draft picks. I'm into 2017 now and I have four 1st round picks, four 2nd round picks, seven 3rd round picks... it just becomes a snowballing effect where I target the guy I want, carefully watch the "Pick the pick" in the draft and trade down to keep reloading picks for future years.

I'm looking forward to a new campaign where the draft classes aren't stellar. I've avoided draft class spoilers enough for that to still be a fresh experience for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »