Home

Who are the good draft picks in head coach 09?

This is a discussion on Who are the good draft picks in head coach 09? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who are the good draft picks in head coach 09?

they aren't listed by potential. they're listed by draft order, with potential noted.

if they were listed by potential, you'd see them listed (for example):
QB 1 - 96 pot
QB 2 - 93 pot
QB 3 - 91 pot
QB 4 - 88 pot
QB 5 - 88 pot
QB 6 - 84 pot
QB 7 - 83 pot

and so on. they're not listed that way (not unless you manually change the sort method in excel).

Instead, they're listed something like this:

QB 1 - 93 pot
QB 2 - 88 pot
QB 3 - 84 pot
QB 4 - 83 pot
QB 5 - 96 pot
QB 6 - 88 pot
QB 7 - 91 pot

which is the order they're most likely (not guaranteed, but most likely) to be drafted in.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
they aren't listed by potential. they're listed by draft order, with potential noted.

if they were listed by potential, you'd see them listed (for example):
QB 1 - 96 pot
QB 2 - 93 pot
QB 3 - 91 pot
QB 4 - 88 pot
QB 5 - 88 pot
QB 6 - 84 pot
QB 7 - 83 pot

and so on. they're not listed that way (not unless you manually change the sort method in excel).

Instead, they're listed something like this:

QB 1 - 93 pot
QB 2 - 88 pot
QB 3 - 84 pot
QB 4 - 83 pot
QB 5 - 96 pot
QB 6 - 88 pot
QB 7 - 91 pot

which is the order they're most likely (not guaranteed, but most likely) to be drafted in.
That's how I see them listed, as in the bold type above. I downloaded it and that's how it appears.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
This is a very interesting thread for me as I'm planning on starting over in the Off Season. If you were the Patriots, would you go for McFadden or Rivers?
Rivers by far, McFadden can be traded for very cheaply after the 1st season

NFL Head Coach 09 (X360/PS3)
Fortnite (PS5/PC)
MLB 22 The Show (PS5/XSX)
Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlastlast
Rivers by far, McFadden can be traded for very cheaply after the 1st season
I was leaning to Rivers after reading someone say McFadden gets hurt often. The other thing is running in this game is not very productive because CPU knows your call. I have been looking at my I formation calls and when I call a running play, CPU players are all stacked at the line. I can call the same formation with a passing play and they are now in pass coverage, no stacked line. Now, Since I can't audible from pass to run, I can't take advantage of the situation.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
I was leaning to Rivers after reading someone say McFadden gets hurt often. The other thing is running in this game is not very productive because CPU knows your call. I have been looking at my I formation calls and when I call a running play, CPU players are all stacked at the line. I can call the same formation with a passing play and they are now in pass coverage, no stacked line. Now, Since I can't audible from pass to run, I can't take advantage of the situation.
You can't audible, but you can make offensive adjustments for most plays. Simply hot route the players you want to give you the needed help on the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
You can't audible, but you can make offensive adjustments for most plays. Simply hot route the players you want to give you the needed help on the play.
On a running play? What I'm saying is you can't audible from run to pass. When the CPU has its line stacked up front, your running play is virtually useless and passing is not an option. The same applies to your passing game in a lighter sense, because you can't audible. I think, and this is my impression based on what I have observed, the CPU knows what you call, pass or run. I am sure the developers would not agree, but that is my thinking on the matter.

How do you suppose a CB with 82 speed can guard the likes of Calvin Johnson or Bellows? How about a 5'9" CB who is nowhere in the class of Asomugha guarding Marshall or Calvin? I could really get into the what goes on during a game, but I think you already know.

Calvin, Marshall, and Bellows each had 11 drops last season. All three had more drops than WRs on the Bills who don't have one single player in the class of those three. None of my WRs made the Pro Bowl, but the Bills had two! There was one player rated 71 who made the Pro Bowl. Kenny Phillips did not have one single interception during season. Juran Riley, who many have said is a great CB, did not have a single interception until 10th game of the season. He is/was rated 90+ but...?

I love the game for its concept, but I wish the game play (play on the field) was taken to another level.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #23
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
On a running play? What I'm saying is you can't audible from run to pass. When the CPU has its line stacked up front, your running play is virtually useless and passing is not an option. The same applies to your passing game in a lighter sense, because you can't audible. I think, and this is my impression based on what I have observed, the CPU knows what you call, pass or run. I am sure the developers would not agree, but that is my thinking on the matter.

How do you suppose a CB with 82 speed can guard the likes of Calvin Johnson or Bellows? How about a 5'9" CB who is nowhere in the class of Asomugha guarding Marshall or Calvin? I could really get into the what goes on during a game, but I think you already know.

Calvin, Marshall, and Bellows each had 11 drops last season. All three had more drops than WRs on the Bills who don't have one single player in the class of those three. None of my WRs made the Pro Bowl, but the Bills had two! There was one player rated 71 who made the Pro Bowl. Kenny Phillips did not have one single interception during season. Juran Riley, who many have said is a great CB, did not have a single interception until 10th game of the season. He is/was rated 90+ but...?

I love the game for its concept, but I wish the game play (play on the field) was taken to another level.
Man you sure do complain a lot about this game for someone who doesn't hate it. The game has flaws as every game does. Its not perfect but I am still playing it as well as others and we aren't complaining about things out of our hands. Just learn to work around the flaws and you will be fine.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Man you sure do complain a lot about this game for someone who doesn't hate it. The game has flaws as every game does. Its not perfect but I am still playing it as well as others and we aren't complaining about things out of our hands. Just learn to work around the flaws and you will be fine.
I thought I was having a discussion with someone else, so I don't know why you seem offended. Now take me for example, if I read something negative about a game I like, I just let it pass, unless I want to add something constructive to the conversation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »