Home

Just bought the game...

This is a discussion on Just bought the game... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Just bought the game...

So after reading a lot of good things on here about this game, and feeling unsatisfied with the lackluster Madden franchise mode, I decided to pick up a copy of this game on the cheap.

I've read in some threads that roster/patch updates are no longer available from EA, which is understandable given the game's age. I'm wondering what the most recent patch version for the PS3 is though? When I put the disc in it said there was an update and it forced me to download it. I wasn't expecting this as I didn't think I could get the patch. So now I'm just confused if what it made me download was the latest patch or not. I wasn't entirely paying attention but I believe it was version 1.08 or 1.8, something like that.

Does anybody know if this would be the most recent patch? If not, does anybody know where I could download the most recent patch? I've already found a roster file linked on this site, but can't seem to find a link to a patch file nor information on what the latest patch # even is.

Any info would be much appreciated. Looking forward to trying out this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Just bought the game...

I believe there was only one patch to the game so you should have the latest one. While the patch is made by EA it is actually downloaded from Sony or Microsoftm depending on which system your on. That is why the patch is still available even though EA no longer supports the game.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
I believe there was only one patch to the game so you should have the latest one. While the patch is made by EA it is actually downloaded from Sony or Microsoftm depending on which system your on. That is why the patch is still available even though EA no longer supports the game.
Ah thanks dude! I was hoping that was the case. Cheers!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

1 patch 2 roster updates. the roster on this site is the first roster, not the second. You can easily tell because Roy Williams is still on the lions(this was the year jerry jones traded 1 3 6 for him.)

If someone reads this and has the last roster for ps3, Please upload it. I appreciate the other one being put up but.... I'd love to be able to start a cowboys franchise with roy, or even just a franchise where the lions dont have 2 6'4+ starting receivers!

That second roster also fixes a lot of positions and updates/fixes contracts, replaces some of people on this roster that aren't even in the league anymore. Even adjusts attributes for some players. Its pitiful that Matt Forte is a 76 potential as a 3rd Down RB when's nowadays he's easily the best 3rd down back in the league with his ability to catch run and block.

Last edited by Byron Yatch; 04-14-2012 at 07:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »