Home

Salary Cap Rounding

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Rounding within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Just started!

galderson's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Salary Cap Rounding

Hey guys,

Just picked this game back up for a couple bucks. Forgot just how much fun and addictive this dang thing is!

Anyways, starting a new career and realized that salaries, bonuses and total cap numbers seem a bit screwy... I couldn't figure it out at first until I tried to release a player and noticed that any numbers over $1.0 Mil were rounded on the roster screen and the contract breakdown! After I worked through this a bit, I narrowed down each of the details on my players year by year numbers but I'm still coming up with $500 K more spent in cap than what the salary cap overview is saying I have spent right now...

Any other tips or tricks with salary cap numbers being displayed that anyone has picked up on that I'm missing? I can work around $500 K, especially because it's claiming I have more than what I think I do but it's kind of annoying for a micro manager like me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Just started!

galderson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Salary Cap Rounding

After playing through the off-season, I found the answer... There are display problems on the Roster table for bonus money. You can go one step further to look at the Contract Breakdown for the player, and it will sometimes show the darker shaded Bonus money per year there, but sometimes it won't.

The only definite way to determine a player's true salary cap number with their total remaining bonus left on their contract is to Release them. The warning dialog comes up and will report their total salary cap hit for the year and their cap penalty for releasing them (i.e. remaining bonus on their contract).
Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Salary Cap Rounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by galderson
The only definite way to determine a player's true salary cap number with their total remaining bonus left on their contract is to Release them. The warning dialog comes up and will report their total salary cap hit for the year and their cap penalty for releasing them (i.e. remaining bonus on their contract).
Not true-you can find out salary cap for the year with remaining bonus if you add the player to the trade block-it will show the correct information for the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »