Home

JimK's Falcons Franchise

This is a discussion on JimK's Falcons Franchise within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: JimK's Falcons Franchise

I like the way you are setting this up. It is interesting to see how you are approaching this. I will say that I agree on you with Tony Bake. The potential is there but that learning really holds him back. But with that being said, dont sell him too short. I dont know why but he does a decent job for me with the Raiders. I also rely on a blitz heavy package and he seems to be able to hold his own.

Good luck...and glad you are doing this without the draft guides. Be interesting to see how it goes.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Tony bake is amazing as an undersized pass rushing 4-3 LE(verses the RT). Anywhere else, his learning/awareness might be a hindrance. Definitely NOT an olb. Since you've already moved him, you've probably ruined him(unfortunately any awareness he had at DE is gone). He'd need at least a full season to learn part of the playbook and be any good at this point(at DE).

If you start him at LE, he usually starts playmaking(sacks and what not) by week 6ish in the regular season. Need a decent DL coach and block shedding special skill helps to really see him work his magic...

He is not a 3-4 player at all(end or dt) Though. He shouldnt even vs lts in a 4-3 unless he's your best rusher, and I'd prolly play him at LE still.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
Rookie

I don't doubt you. However, he was an undrafted free agent. At that point there is nothing better to take so you grab him whether he fits your system or not. Maybe later I can trade him. Or even if not, I had nothing better to play at LOLB anyway.

No DE is going to convert to OLB well in this game because all DE have 10 man and zone coverage. However, strictly from a pass rushing perspective, OLB is a better spot for him than DE. OLB gives a speed player a little more space to get around the T before he has to engage him.

I didn't realize I would have a critic for this. But it's all good man--adds even more flavor to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Yatch
Tony bake is amazing as an undersized pass rushing 4-3 LE(verses the RT). Anywhere else, his learning/awareness might be a hindrance. Definitely NOT an olb. Since you've already moved him, you've probably ruined him(unfortunately any awareness he had at DE is gone). He'd need at least a full season to learn part of the playbook and be any good at this point(at DE).

If you start him at LE, he usually starts playmaking(sacks and what not) by week 6ish in the regular season. Need a decent DL coach and block shedding special skill helps to really see him work his magic...

He is not a 3-4 player at all(end or dt) Though. He shouldnt even vs lts in a 4-3 unless he's your best rusher, and I'd prolly play him at LE still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Banned

Yeah, I may have used the wrong word there, didnt mean to make it sound like it was all your fault. I just meant that the game destroys his (and most player's) awareness/learning if you change them from one area to another(like de > lb and vice versa) It goes from like 50 to 25 sometimes. At that point, you cant dig them out of that grave. You would have to waste too long for him to learn the plays again and then start producing.

But dont mind me, I pop in on everyone's franchise and give little observations here and there. Just trying to spread the knowledge Ive gained playing the game and surfing this forum.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Rookie

Yeah, I didn't know that awareness dropped when you changed positions. That's definitely good to know for the future.

Keep up the feedback for sure. It's good to feel like someone is listening and I'm not just posting this for my health. Keep a couple things in mind, though. I'm specifically trying not to power play the game. I feel like when you get too involved in game mechanics and start to exploit them, it ruins the sense of immersion. I know there are people that are able to grab a team and win a SB in season one, but for me that would totally ruin the game for me because it isn't realistic. That's why I'm going with no draft guides, etc.

Last edited by JimK; 05-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »