Home

Offensive Linemen Suck..

This is a discussion on Offensive Linemen Suck.. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 03:48 AM   #9
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Offensive Linemen Suck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
It's the game AI. For whatever reason, the game doesn't give your offensive linemen any pancakes when you play the games. The best solution would be to supersim some of the games to increase the number of pancakes your linemen get, say 4-8 games a year.
I've had Daniel graham get 21 pancakes in 1 game, and I played it. I moved him to fb and he's a total beast! Whenever I play, each of my offensive linemen continuously get 6 pancakes at least per game! They actually get less for me when I supersim, but I do run a power run team(mrs844224 you know that from my bills franchise! ) with my runningback usually getting 50 carries a game, so that may alter the stats. They might get more for running than for passing!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Pancakes show dominance over opponents. But you dont usually see pancakes in pass protection, they come from running a lot(over 35 rushes a game). Sure mankins might not have allowed a lot of sacks for you, but how much dominance did he show running the ball? 8-10 pancakes is not a lot...

The chargers put up great rushing and passing numbers every year and have perennial probowlers. They're not just passing, not just rushing, they do both extremely well. So their guys getting 80 pancakes are also only giving up like 5 sacks in a year, Thats probowl caliber.

Mankins might have only given up 2 sacks but he only got 10 pancakes you said. Thats a dominant pass blocker, but not a dominant lineman. Probowl is for players who dominate both the rush and the pass on the oline. I'd just run more to balance out your attack and then they might become probowlers...
Old 06-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Yatch
Pancakes show dominance over opponents. But you dont usually see pancakes in pass protection, they come from running a lot(over 35 rushes a game). Sure mankins might not have allowed a lot of sacks for you, but how much dominance did he show running the ball? 8-10 pancakes is not a lot...

The chargers put up great rushing and passing numbers every year and have perennial probowlers. They're not just passing, not just rushing, they do both extremely well. So their guys getting 80 pancakes are also only giving up like 5 sacks in a year, Thats probowl caliber.

Mankins might have only given up 2 sacks but he only got 10 pancakes you said. Thats a dominant pass blocker, but not a dominant lineman. Probowl is for players who dominate both the rush and the pass on the oline. I'd just run more to balance out your attack and then they might become probowlers...
Running a predominant rushing attack, and all 5 of my guys make it to pro bowl most years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Actually, He had about 80 "Run Block Success" which I don't know what they mean by that? Properly engaging and holding a block? He had 80/80 of those, 9 Pancakes, and zero sacks, I would consider that a solid lineman. Yet, there are players who have about 70 percent run block and 30 pancakes with 12 sacks that make it. It seems the game focuses only on run blocking, not both types of blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »