Home

Madden 13 Career Connections- similar to nfl head coach 09?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Career Connections- similar to nfl head coach 09? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Madden 13 Career Connections- similar to nfl head coach 09?

Have you guys seen it yet? It looks a lot like NL hc 09! I have a feeling I might be retiring the 'ol game. Josh looman said they took franchise, be a player and nfl hc 09, and put them all together! What you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 13 Career Connections- similar to nfl head coach 09?

While I do like the new connected careers idea, NFL Head Coach 09 is not being integrated into the game. It's simply a matter of combining career modes in Madden NFL(franchise, online franchise, and be a pro modes) into one, and adding more and new features. And by the way, it does not look anywhere near like Head Coach.

NFL Head Coach 09 is it's own and I love it, and will never be putting it down. However, Madden NFL 13 is definitely a buy.

Head Coach is still my top favorite sports simulation games to play.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
While I do like the new connected careers idea, NFL Head Coach 09 is not being integrated into the game. It's simply a matter of combining career modes in Madden NFL(franchise, online franchise, and be a pro modes) into one, and adding more and new features. And by the way, it does not look anywhere near like Head Coach.

NFL Head Coach 09 is it's own and I love it, and will never be putting it down. However, Madden NFL 13 is definitely a buy.

Head Coach is still my top favorite sports simulation games to play.
I agree, but they have slowly been putting stuff from nhc09 Shinto madden, and looman said their will be a lot of stuff from nhc09 in it! You can also be a coach
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I read about it because of you MSU and agree that it has major potential. But like Bsu said, it has similarities but is not a merger exactly. If it were, you would see the coaching tree and all the assistants. From information released so far, it seems they just took some concepts, and applied them similarly.

However, it is extremely impressive that they got a lot of the old hc concepts into this new mode/game. I love the removal of potential and "one rating fits all teams for each player". Instead went the HC09 route where different philosophies and systems will change the value a team places on a player.

Love the drafts being created so players arent just random hogwash usually or unrealistic. I thought the drafts in hc were special, worthy of playing over a couple times just to go with different players in those same paths. I never really enjoyed drafts in previous maddens, loved hc drafts.

I also love the fact you can go from playing as a coach to playing a rookie that comes into the league later on to back as another coach(however many times you want in a 30 year career).

I LOVE the idea I will be able to play as Walter Payton on the new bears(hopefully you can pick your team but if not I'll play anywhere with sweetness). I love the idea that up to 31 friends(or friends of friends) and I can play in one league as anything from a player to a coach to even as a gm(simmimg their games or just coaching/selecting the plays).

Unlike some comments Ive seen on some of the stories I like the idea that I can mold how a player progresses now(if Im the coach of the team) or the player himself. Im tired of seeing players get crap progression all at once at the end of the year.

I want to mold how the players grow, I'd just expect it will cost a LOT more to improve stats like speed and strength than the other ones. Thats fine by me, checks and balances, let me make people faster/stronger, just make it cost more...

I think this will be the leap in football gaming a lot of us have been waiting for... and its only beginning. The new physics engine(infinity) is only in its first stage. We can expect that to improve over the next 2 titles as they only tweak the base and add, instead of build from the ground up.

I thought just the new passing arcs was gonna be enough to make me buy it sooner or later(plus I liked MUT last year), just later after a price drop or two. These new additions make me more inclined to spend the extra money that opening night though. I wont be buying ncaa this year so I can use that saved money I guess...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Rookie

AgentUSA's Arena

I think Connected Careers is the closest thing we'll ever see to an HC 09 sequel. I'm really glad that Josh is using a lot of the Head Coach concepts in the new mode. I know there's a lot of die hards in the Madden forums that aren't happy. But it was time to retire the old Madden Franchise. I can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I just dont think a lot of the base madden fans understand whats happening. As we know people hate what they dont understand. So they dont realize this was a step that should have been taken in madden 2010. We're 3 years behind where we should be imo, everyone should be rejoicing we finally took this step...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like a lot of what I see in connected carreers, but I do have some concerns.

First off, I don't really like the removal of player potential ratings. It sounds great, player will progress according to how they perform and all, but to me it's basically removed any real need for scouting. If any player can turn into an all-star, then I'm just not really caring much about what their ratings are out of the gates. I'm not worried about the potential for busts in the first round, since any player you take in the first round can wind up being hall of fame capable. So no need to scout first rounders trying not to get a bust. Just pick whoever you want at the position you want, and you're basically set. Ubnless they upped the difficulty drastically, the chances of a player not perfroming enough to become an alstar are remote.

What I see happening if you'll get a WR who's one of those big guy, end zone threat types, spend a couple years leveling him up speed, quickness, etc with the new XP system, and wind up with a team full of super players kind of like what you wind up with in NCAA or past Madden Superstar modes. He'll be fast as Moss, beast as Calvin Johnson, quick as Wes Welker and all that in a few years. A team full of that kind of player has the potential to seriously break the game a few years into a career.

I hope I'm wrong, and it's much harder to level players than I am thinking, but I'm worried that balance, what little of it Madden may have had, will pretty much get tossed out the window in a few seasons.

That said, it would be cool to start my career as a player, retire and recreate that player as a head coach for the rest of the time. I like the idea of following one guys carreer through 30 years as a player and then a coach.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Rookie

AgentUSA's Arena

It's going to be tough to balance XP, progression, contracts, and the salary cap so everything still works over 30 years. If they get it even mostly right by August, I'll be impressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »