Home

switching defenses?

This is a discussion on switching defenses? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
switching defenses?

ok i started as a 4-3 defense, and I just changed teams and want to now go with a 3-4, however all of my plays are 4-3.....is the only way to be able to run a 3-4 by creating all 3-4 plays? is there any way I can maybe use a D-coordinators playbook, one that runs a 3-4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: switching defenses?

You can't switch playbooks after you create your coach, so you'll have to do it through the play creation system. The play creattion system will only let you create plays for formations you already have though, so you'll have to add one or two of the basic 3-4 plays to begin with before you can create new ones based on that formation.

If you steal 3-4 plays during games, that would help a bit. Then maybe in the offseason, you can hire a DC and choose the option for him to replace a few 3-4 plays if it's available to add a few to that formation. I've never really tried that, so I don;t know how well it would work.

But you can't just change playbooks or choose to use a coordinators playbook instead of your own, so you'll have to do the whole thing more or less manually in the creation screens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »