Home

Good Team to Rebuild

This is a discussion on Good Team to Rebuild within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Good Team to Rebuild

The Raiders!

Nah Washington is a good choice. I haven't tried the Browns, but they seem interesting. No 1st round pick.

Chiefs are really easy, Lions have buttloads of cap room, Rams still have some talent from a bygone era as do the Falcons, Miami could be interesting, but the toughest one is still probably the Raiders.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0

The Lions are a challenging team to rebuild, but they have way too many bad/old/injury prone players with big contracts. Everyone but Megatron can go.

My only beef is that Calvin Johnson doesn't have the POT that he needs.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3

By far the hardest team to rebuild if you aren't cheating in any ways is the Oakland Raiders. They are quite difficult. If you want a challenge that's the way to go.

For anyone looking for a fun passing team to try and build up, the Cardinals(always fall from their 07 8-8 record) are an interesting team with some pieces.

I'd say the most fun I have had "building" have been in Buffalo and in Miami.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Echo this post. Cardinals are a lot of fun. You can go a couple different ways with them. I traded Warner and tried to get Leinart to lead a team full of solid WR's. NFC West is wide open...
Old 05-31-2015, 10:48 PM   #13
Rookie

I've tried rebuilding the Jets before. They have horrible talent on the team save for a few positions. I've also done the Falcons and the Bills.

The bills have an ok QB with Trent Edwards, Lynch is rated highly but he certainly doesn't really run like beast mode if you coach your games, their TE's suck, and their WR's are average. They have an okay D-Line until Stroud gets killed for the year (first game of preseason for me, yay), their LB's are nothing special, their corners are okay unless you change to a zone scheme and then they are pretty bad, and they have okay safeties. What makes them a challenge is that they have some aging players (near or over 30) that are signed to long term big money contracts. If you cut them you have cap penalty issues. If you keep them you have salary cap issues.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:09 AM   #14
Rookie

The raiders are interesting even though they are mentioned often. If you trade the third pick you can do pretty much anything though. You are stuck with a bunch of guys but there is a lot of talent on defense. Franchise or resign Asomugha and you can play him anywhere. He is interesting option for Rover position. Hall is expensive but good. Howard is amazing. And that DT group as expensive as it is looks better in prototype DT philosophy. I like moving Richardson to DT and making him DT3 behind Kelly and Sands (who has no stamina and is always nicked up but is an ideal run stopper). the coaching staff is in my opinion the best base for player development. The front office and medical is trash but change OC, ST, and QBC and you have a complete staff when developed. Most importantly, awesome personalities! All of them will stick around. Just have to be patient. By the time you have room to make moves you will be a few years in, with a stacked staff, a lot of room and a great defense.

Jamarcus is survivable because of how cheap Walter is. Or just trade for Troy smith or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »