Home

Coaches Corner

This is a discussion on Coaches Corner within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coaches Corner

Going into week 15, here are the current standings in my season...

AFC North
Bengals 7-6
Steelers 7-6
Browns 4-9
Ravens 2-11

Not too much unusual there. Both the Steelers and Bengals could make the playoffs. If both win out the division would go the Bengals. They each have a tough game remaining, @ the Titans for the Steelers and vs. the Chiefs for the Bengals.

AFC South
Texans 11-2
Colts 9-4
Jaguars 9-4
Titans 8-5

This division is gonna make a wildcard spot no sure thing for anyone. All four above .500, and I've never seen the Texans do this well in any year. The catalyst for their success? HB Travis Henry, who at 82 overall is leading the league in rushing, with already 350 attempts for 1482 yards and 10 TDs. Matt Shaub also has a 100.4 QB rating at this point. The Colts have struggled more than usual, picking up losses to the Texans, Titans, Chargers, and Bengals. The Colts and Titans play in Week 17 which could decide a spot in the playoffs. The Titans need to be have their game faces on if they want a shot at the playoffs, as they play 3 crucial games in a row, @ Houston, vs. Pittsburgh, and a showdown @ Indianapolis in Week 17.

AFC East
Y - Patriots 11-2
Bills 7-6
Dolphins 5-8
Jets 5-8

Patriots already have the division clinched, but the Bills are not out of playoff contention just yet, but will need an upset over the Patriots at home in Week 17.

AFC West
Chargers 9-4
Broncos 8-5
Chiefs 6-7
Raiders 1-12

The Chargers are still one step ahead of me and already beat me earlier in the season. I can't be sure how this game will sort out tie-breakers if need be, but I can't afford to lose at this point. It would really help if KC beat the Chargers in their next game and I won out which would ensure a division title for me (which I need considering how flooded this wildcard race is), but barring a late-season collapse from the Chargers, the division will most likely come down to a week 17 showdown between us like it did in real life in 08 (with the Broncos being the ones to collapse late season). San Diego plays the Bucs in Week 16, so I have hope they'll lose at least one game from now until then. The Chiefs are also still fighting, and they play the Bengals in Week 17 for a potential wildcard spot if they win out.

NFC North
Lions 7-6
Vikings 6-7
Packers 6-7
Bears 3-10

A three team race for the title. Most likely the NFC North will only have one playoff team. The Lions face a tough road to defend their division lead, as they play @ Indianapolis, vs. New Orleans, and @ Green Bay in a potential division championship game. The Packers have a tough game in Jacksonville, before a breather in Chicago and then the Lions game. The Vikings meanwhile play @ Arizona, vs. Atlanta, and vs. the Giants.

NFC South
Buccaneers 11-2
Saints 8-5
Falcons 5-8
Panthers 4-9

The Bucs and Saints look primed for the postseason, each with three winnable games left on their slate, although the Saints aren't a sure thing because of the next division...

NFC East
Giants 11-2
Cowboys 10-3
Eagles 8-5
Redskins 6-7

The classic NFC East dominance. The Skins are probably out of playoff contention barring a miracle. The Giants just beat the Eagles, and both of them will play the Cowboys in the upcoming weeks, with NY playing them this week and the Eagles playing them in Week 17. The Giants have a crucial 4-1 division record at this point though, which could seal them the title.

NFC West
Seahawks 5-8
Rams 4-9
Cardinals 3-10
49ers 2-11

Just lol. I love the NFC West. Not sure about the tie-breakers just yet, but I think the 49ers actually have a shot at winning the division at 5-11, with against lowly teams like the Dolphins, Rams, and Redskins. The Rams just beat the Cardinals, and have an epic showdown at home against the Seahawks, followed by another one at home against the 49ers, finishing @ Atlanta. The Seahawks play the Rams, vs. the Jets, and finish @ Arizona. The Cardinals play vs. Minnesota, then unfortunately play @ New England which could derail their playoff hopes, followed by vs. Seattle.

So no shortage drama as I close out the season.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

With one game remaining, here is the playoff situation for my season...

AFC North
Bengals 8-7
Steelers 8-7

Both have gone 1-1 in their last two. The Bengals play KC and the Steelers play Cleveland. A win for both would tie their division and conference records so who knows how the tie-breaker would be decided, a win for one but not the other would obviously give the winner the division, and a loss for both would give the Bengals the title.

AFC South
Y - Texans 13-2
X - Jaguars 11-4
Colts 10-5
Titans 9-6

The Jaguars just beat the Colts to clinch the 5th seed. The Colts and Titans play to decide the final wildcard spot. If I lose to the Chargers and the Colts lose, I will have the final wildcard spot and neither the Titans nor the Colts will make it in. If I lose and the Colts win, the Colts get the last spot. If I beat the Chargers, I claim the AFC West and the winner of the Titans and Colts makes it in.

AFC East
Y - Patriots 13-2

The Bills lost 2 in a row including a 20-15 loss against me to knock them out of contention.

AFC West
Broncos 10-5
Chargers 9-6

After going on a 6 game winning streak, I still have a chance to miss the playoffs in a showdown in San Diego against a team that already beat me 38-28. The best situation would be for me to win obviously, but a Titans win over the Colts would give me the 6th seed.

NFC North
Vikings 8-7
Packers 7-8
Lions 7-8

This is where it gets tricky. The Vikings have finished their divisional games and sit with a divisional record of 4-2, and the Packers and Lions have a 4-1 and 3-2 record respectively. Each has a 7-4 conference record with one game left in the NFC for each. The Vikings play the Giants, and the Packers and Lions play each other. If the Vikings win they win the division, if the Packers win and the Vikings lose than the Packers win the division, but if the Lions win and the Vikings lose, I have no idea how the tie-breakers will work.

NFC South
Y - Buccaneers 13-2
Saints 10-5

The Saints just need to win and they are the 6th seed.

NFC East
X - Giants 12-3
X - Cowboys 12-3
Eagles 9-6

Looking at the divisional and conference records, the Saints have the advantage over the Eagles and shouldn't have to win their game to make it regardless of whether or not the Eagles win in their game against the Cowboys, but who knows how the game will decide it. If the Cowboys win and the Giants lose, I again don't know how the tie-breakers would work as they would have identical division and conference records and split their series. The Giants play Minnesota. If both lose the Giants win the division.

NFC West
Y - Seahawks 7-8

Unfortunately, no cinderella 5-11 division title from the 49ers, who have lost 5 in a row.

I'm not gonna bother figuring out the variables for the #1 and #2 seeds. Don't wanna hurt my brain any more.

Either way its gonna be the Texans and Patriots, and the Buccaneers and Cowboys/Giants

Last edited by phenomenal_waffles; 08-05-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #59
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Nice @waffles coming down to the wire out in Denver...Colts have to be ticked they are 3rd in their division!

As for me in Denver, week 4 saw us get back to .500 with a drubbing of Kansas City, 41-25.

Dorsey was 17-27 for 275 2/0
Booker went 14-30 and Wolfe had 51 yards on 8 carries.
Bennett just missed a 100 yard game with 95 yards on 6 catches.
Newly signed 4th cb Brandon Meriweather got DPOW with 7 tackles, a sack, and 2 forced fumbles!! We held Larry Johnson to 38 yards as they played catchup most of the game. This means that we held justin fargas, shaun alexander and larry johnson to less yards COMBINED than LDT ran on us... yikes.

So, the Chargers lead the division at 4-0, and the rest of the division is 2-2. We've got some work to do! Next game later today...I hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »