Home

How long it usually takes to develop in the nfl

This is a discussion on How long it usually takes to develop in the nfl within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How long it usually takes to develop in the nfl

Was reading stories on chicagobears.com and saw a line from mike tice I wanted to share with you. In the real nfl "It normally takes until the third year of playing full time for a young player to really get in a groove and play at a high level of consistency." http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8886

So in the game, you gotta give a guy 2 years of development before you see the "finished product" so to speak. That means 2 years as a starter, not just on the bench not playing or producing. They need to play and practice at the same position for 2 years in a row before you see their true potential/ability there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: How long it usually takes to develop in the nfl

Its a very subjective thing. It varies from player to player, position to position. Runningbacks are almost plug in and go while QBs are multiple years before they really get it. Even after break out seasons for QBs it can still take years before they really get it. So yeah its subjective and some teams cant afford the time frames that some players need to develop.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

can't assume that the developers plugged that into the game though.

I've seen QBs that ripped it up their rookie season and then actually seemed to get worse as time went on, or at least "less special".

on the other hand, I've also seen two players of fairly equal stats (give or take) where one is fairly young and one is a veteran and the veteran just makes major play after major play. Brian Urlacher is the most dominant linebacker I've had in almost any franchise. I don't care how old he is, I'll re-hire him every time. I'm not looking forward to his retirement.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

6'4 tackles everything and covers like a safety(a good one, not one of those crappy ones!) Urlachers the best lb in the game that Ive had. I wanna try out dexter foley one time, he's like 6'3 or 6'5, cant remember.(jack english path, first fake draft)
Old 07-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'll buy that.

I had Andre Woodson as my starting QB for the Seahawks once in the beginning of the game. If I remember correctly he started somewhere in the '60's as an overall player but by the end of the first season I think he was in his early 70's, maybe 75.

My most recent dynasty(lol seahawks dynasty hahaha) I drafted Wade Appling in the Zazzali draft class ('10 or '11 if my memory is right), his overall was in his early 70's, I drafted him because he had a potential of 95!!!!! He was my starter for the entire season, and got rookie of the year honors with 4,000 yards and 30 TDs, 15 INT's. He finished the year at high 80's. Next season was better for him, he reached a peak overall at 91, again won Offensive MVP honors with 4,500 yards, 33 TD's, 10 INT's, yes, for the entire season!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »