Home

Old 07-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3
Playing GM

One thing I have found that has really continued the interest in Head Coach 09 has been my recent jump into ONLY playing as the GM and not coaching a single game. I suggest some people who like the "building" part and want to experience a 10+ season career as it's easy to do.

By not "coaching" the games and instead simulating them... I've found that the abilities of the players make much the difference compared to when you can just about perfect the game through playcalling and player styles.

Simulating allows for upsets, forces your coaching staff to be legitimate, for you to be legitimate and forces you to put the right talent on the field. Combine that with getting an entire season in during one sitting of the game it's easy to get all 15 years in if you're interested enough.

Now... You have to set your own rules as well all know it's too easy to draft stars, sleepers and get solid talent and so I advise people to control themselves when getting 7 picks in the first round haha.

All in all... it's fun and a good change from constantly playing games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Playing GM

Shaka23,

Definitely what I plan to do.

Just curious if you "sim" by simply hitting the SIM button or do you "sim" by "SUPERsimming" each game (and just letting it roll from start to finish)? More just to see the display and results as they happen?

And do you think that would have an effect either way?

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 07-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Playing GM

I just sim rather than supersim. Quicker and I'm not sure if there is much of a difference.

What I can tell you is that the ratings seem to be different than those we rely on while coaching in the game. Learning seems to be pretty important, playbooks and coaching playcalling are uber important.

It's an interesting way to go about a season... having no power over your AFC Championship Game or quite possibly your Superbowl. It's all up to the coach you've built, your coordinators, the playbook, how the players have learned the playbook and the talent you have on the field.

I've gone 5 years in Indianapolis with a new coach and lost 2 superbowls, winning nothing. It's a different beast lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »