Home

surprise cuts

This is a discussion on surprise cuts within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
surprise cuts

I'm in the fourth year of my 49ers franchise on the Maceo Sweetney draft path and Troy Lamerson just popped up as a free agent. He was a first round pick a year ago and the only teams that were interested in him were me and the Titans. I signed for five years, 3.2 per year. He's only 78 ovr right now, but he has 89 potential and Alex Smith only has one year left on his contract and he'll be way too expensive to resign. The only crappy thing about this is I just traded for Andre Woodson. Anyways, anyone else have anything crazy like this happen to them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: surprise cuts

The only thing similar I saw was Vernon Gholston drafted 4th in 08, and then cut in the preseason. I was stunned. It was too cheap of a move, I didn't sign him.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Ben Roethlisberger-He got cut by the Steelers in 2014, and the Steelers were looking to go after the franchise QB at 1-2. The Panthers drafted him at 1-1, leaving the Steelers without a QB. The Steelers weren't able to address QB until 2017 when they signed 35 year old John Beck. Gruden used Motivator on the Raiders this year, so Beck is looking to be the short term answer for the Raiders.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3

Always teams cut terrific players and it actually annoys me that they are so readily available for cheap.

The craziest cut was just 2 seasons after being taken #3 overall Demario Waddell hit the free agent wire before pre-season. He hadn't played a game in his career not due to injury but being burried on the depth chart somehow. So dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »