Home

Patriot's Franchise - a realistic approach

This is a discussion on Patriot's Franchise - a realistic approach within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Patriot's Franchise - a realistic approach

Sorry guys for the delay, I really got caught up in the game and forgot to update my career. However, I found out very quickly that going with the Ozzie Jones path is way too easy for me. So I started over with the Zazzali path and I must say that things are a lot more balanced this time around.

I will start a new thread with all the updated information, hopefully it will help out for anyone wanting to use the Patriots, or any of the underrated TE's in the game (Vernon Davis, Mike Peterson, and Benjamin Watson).
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DassTheBoss
I didn't know that so many people had journals of their franchise and now that I have read a little into how they function, I thought I would give it a try myself. Before I start, I must mention that I don't know the draft path I was given in this franchise (the one with Deandre Roe) but I have played Madden for a while and really know the coaching aspect of the game. Yet, I want to keep the career realistic so I will try and make it work in a way I find most realistic.

Firstly, I elected to start in the Off-season, but I wanted to keep the draft realistic as explained.

Here is the 2008 Off-Season:

- Franchise Tag Randy Moss
- In F.A. signed N. Asomugha to a 5yr 41M contract
- Traded Randy Moss to the Lions for the 45th pick in 2008, and 2009 1st
- Traded 4th Round, Pick 31 to the 49ers for TE V. Davis
- Signed F.A. J. Gaffney for a 1yr 600K contract
- Signed F.A. C. Henry for a 1yr 600K contract

2008 Draft: I tend to keep my Off-Season moves mostly focused on the draft, so here is what ended up happening for me.

1, 7: Rivers
2, 31: Patrick Lee (CB)
4, 5: B. Bell (MLB)
4, 8: J. Hester (FB/HB)
4, 10: Z. Bowman (CB)
5, 10: A. Rubin
5, 31: K. Robinson (WR)
6, 31: J. Sullivan (C)
7, 31: W. Adams (G)

For me, I really needed a new linebacker, and so Keith Rivers at pick 7 was the best choice. Darren McFadden was also available, but he had a SuperStar personality and I didn't want anyone with a "me attitude" Hence, everyone in this draft had either great, or somewhat tolerable personalities.
I don't know how you signed those two WRs for such a low salary. I started an off-season career on PS3 which has Adalius Thomas at MLB which is good because I want Rivers at ROLB. Anyway, Gaffney and Henry come up in the FA bidding war and get over 2 million a year! Henry is around 3 million a year for 2-year contract.

First two times around Asomugha wasn't available, but then he was unrestricted every time and I got him for a bit under 41 million 5-year contract.

I am wondering how Rivers will do in a 3-4 defense with regard to getting hurt, especially if you blitz him a lot. As I recall, his injury rating is under 80, 78?

He would be my ROLB if I do off-season on PS3. The PS3 roster has Adalius Thomas as a MLB, so Rivers fits in well there. The Xbox 360 roster has Thomas as a ROLB and therein is somewhat of a problem with what you have at MLB and ROLB.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi

I am wondering how Rivers will do in a 3-4 defense with regard to getting hurt, especially if you blitz him a lot. As I recall, his injury rating is under 80, 78?
Rivers has played 38 straight games for me. He has yet to miss a game due to injury.3-4 is one of the formations in my playbook.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Rivers has played 38 straight games for me. He has yet to miss a game due to injury.3-4 is one of the formations in my playbook.
Okay, thanks for the information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »