Home

Knowledge from the past

This is a discussion on Knowledge from the past within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #145
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Knowledge from the past

Just seen the craziest thing while playing. Had scroll on bottom of screen "Roy Williams injures hand while trying to open NFL Head Coach 09". Not sure if I was seeing things, I went to the injury report, and sure enough WR Roy Willimas is out 5-7 days with a lacerated hand.

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Just seen the craziest thing while playing. Had scroll on bottom of screen "Roy Williams injures hand while trying to open NFL Head Coach 09". Not sure if I was seeing things, I went to the injury report, and sure enough WR Roy Willimas is out 5-7 days with a lacerated hand.
That's good stuff!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have taken everything form this thread and put the stuff I felt was most important in to a Word document. If that interests anyone still, let me know and I can send the file.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #148
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

upload it to google docs or something and make it viewable online
Old 02-12-2015, 11:24 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 26

Thanks for all the kinds words guys. I actually think Ebongreen's thread should get put into a Word document and placed on Google Docs before mine does, but I'd be honored if my thread got that treatment as well. At least one more, Donnie Moore the developer talking on the Prototype philosophy.

Quote:
One last question on player philosophies, I see there are entries for protypical RB or Prototypical position X, what skills are those looking for.

Would it be possible to get a break down on what each philosophy is looking for? Most are self explanatory but it would be helpful.

I decided to start over with the Falcons, and re-install the Run and Shoot (big challenge by the way). I set all my philosophies on what types of players I want for the different positions for the systems I am running on offense and defense, but I was a little unclear on some of the player types.

DONNY-The Prototype philosophies tend to factor in things like Size and Potential much more so than things like Intangibles, generally speaking.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #150
Rookie

Smile Re: Knowledge from the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Thanks for all the kinds words guys. I actually think Ebongreen's thread should get put into a Word document and placed on Google Docs before mine does, but I'd be honored if my thread got that treatment as well. At least one more, Donnie Moore the developer talking on the Prototype philosophy.
I have combined the best of both. Let me see what I can do to post here for everyone. It's a lot of pages!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #151
MVP

CPU Team Roadmap

basically a few lines from Josh on the logic the CPU uses to draft players:

JOSH-

Quote:
Each team uses it's team roadmap when making draft pick decisions, along with individual scouting information (each team makes scouting decision just like the user's team will) and their philosophies. Just like each team has system philosophies, they also have philosophies for drafting best available/draft for need and they have philosophies for trading up or down in the draft.

The roadmap plays the biggest part. Teams can draft multiple players at a position ONLY if they are updating multiple needs ie...starting QB and backup QB later on.

The other thing to remember is that our 2008 draft is after free agency, so some teams may have filled a need at the position they drafted for in real life. In other words, in our game the Eagles may not have signed Asante Samuel. That can change the outcome of the draft.

The main reason Jonathan Stewart falls out of the first round (and I hope this isn't too big of a spoiler...) is his injury issues. His durability grade is low because of the toe injury right off the bat.

That's something you'll need to pay attention to in future classes. Listen carefully when Adam Schefter or Todd McShay gives you an update on the draft. If they have reservations about a rookie (or talk about a devastating injury he suffers during their college updates) because of injuries, that could really factor in when he's drafted.
Sort of a followup to his words about injury history:

Josh-

Quote:
QUOTE]Yes. There is a big difference between a player having an injury history (low health at his various body parts coming into the league) and a player having a low injury rating. If you have both, we consider you a liability. If you only have a bad injury history but still have a high injury rating, you'll be very healthy during your career. Another reason to dig DEEP in the draft and scouting process.

Last edited by Mike3207; 09-22-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added talk about injury history
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #152
MVP

Fumbles

Josh on the circumstances that go into a player fumbling the ball:

JOSH-
Quote:
A lot goes into a fumble chance. Weather (rain and snow) does play a factor and so does fatigue. The intensity of the hit also plays a part. I'm wondering if the CPU did choose the stop HB gameplan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »