Home

Defensive question... sorta

This is a discussion on Defensive question... sorta within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2
Defensive question... sorta

Is there any way to scout defensive tendencies? All that ever comes up for me in the scouting report is offense. Is that a coaching staff issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, do anyone else have severe problems on kick off coverage? The cpu is always housing K.O.s against me, its annoying as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive question... sorta

Your kickoff problems are due to a weak legged kicker and slow, poor tacklers as your backups on defense. IN otherwords, increase the quality of your bench and you'll give up less tds on punts and kick returns. Power is almost always more important than accuracy for kickers(in my opinion).

As for defensive scouting, go to nfl coach stats and press the stick in on the coach for the team you're versing. You can at least see his tendencies for blitzing and coverage, maybe if its 4-3 or 3-4. If its the same coach as it was when the game started, its always the same playbooks until the HEAD COACH is fired.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Ive recently noticed i have alot more success covering kick offs if i dont actually call the kick play, and delegate it to the STC. We seem to make the tackles alot more. No one has returned one yet doing that, which also leads me to believe my HC playcalling has something to do with it as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Be careful with that. If you need an onside kick or onside kick recovery, you need to pick them yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »