Home

Difficult Draft Decision...

This is a discussion on Difficult Draft Decision... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

pat499's Arena

OVR: 1
Difficult Draft Decision...

Alright, I am the Jaguars and had the Zazzali draft. I had already crossed Zazzali off my board when I found out the Bears had the 1st overall pick. I had the 7th pick from a trade with the Raiders in 08. I get to the draft and sim the first pick. Zazzali is not drafted. 2nd overall pick, he's still not. 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th overall picks and he is right there for me to pick. Problem is, I already have Garrard for another year, and I am developing Josh Johnson. So my question is, [b]Should I get Zazzali and dump Garrard for another draft pick or keep what I have? Zazzali is a 94 in my system.

PS: I really like Chase Beck-OLB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Difficult Draft Decision...

If you've already got two OLB, go with Zazzali. If you need a OLB, draft Beck. Good OLB are very hard to find on the Zazzali path.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
Rookie

pat499's Arena

Do you consider kawika Mitchell and Clint ingrim good?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I was under the impression that Zazzali was a one of a kind type talent. And hence wouldn't pass. But I frankly don't know what other QBs there are of equal or close ability to Zazzali on this path.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
MVP

I guess when I talk about good, I mean 90 Balanced potential. Of course, if you've got enough of the defensive special skills and Performance high enough, you can turn a OLB like David Vobora into a Pro Bowler.I'm pretty sure the Jaguars are pretty good on defense-at least when I play them.

As for QBs, there are a lot of mobile QBs on the Zazzali path. I'll also mention there are a lot of good QBs the 2nd year if you choose not to go with Zazzali.

I suppose it comes down to you-do you want to upgrade your linebacking corps, or do you want Zazzali?

Last edited by Mike3207; 09-15-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: mobile QBs at least-not sure how many of them do scramble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Isn't there a Tom Brady type QB in this path? And zazzli scrambles alot does he? And by scrambling do you mean he rushes, or just runs around outside of the pocket to try to make plays (passes)?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Isn't there a Tom Brady type QB in this path? And zazzli scrambles alot does he? And by scrambling do you mean he rushes, or just runs around outside of the pocket to try to make plays (passes)?
I think there's a Tom Brady type the next year-plus quite a few other good QBs.
As for scrambling, it means he rushes when he can't pass, or even sometimes when he can pass. Johnson scrambles, but I'm not sure if Zazzali does.Sometimes Johnson scrambles, other times he'll run around and pass.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Rookie

pat499's Arena

Alright, so I think what I'm going to do is try to trade the 7th overall pick for a mid-first round pick and select Chase Beck. In the same deal, I'll try to get a second rounder for next years draft in case I need to trade up for a quarterback. Do you all think I'm making a good decision passing on Zazzali?

Also have the 29th pick to trade if need be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »