Home

Question about playbooks

This is a discussion on Question about playbooks within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11
Question about playbooks

On offense, is there a way to combine two playbooks into one? I ask because I would like to do a combo of the Michigan Spread and College Attack.

NFL Head Coach 09 (X360/PS3)
Fortnite (PS5/PC)
MLB 22 The Show (PS5/XSX)
Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Question about playbooks

Its called a custom playbook and you have to make it before you start a career. It will only attach to one career so once you use it as one coach, you will have to create a new one if you want to continue using custom playbooks.
Whichever you want to be the MAIN half of the playbook is the one you start with and then add the other plays from the other one you want. I'd suggest the michigan as the base and only adding what you feel is necessary and complimentary to your offensive plan.

Pros and cons on custom playbooks.

Downsides- always have every play you want so no challenge in building the playbook once its customized. They will only use the BASE(playbook you choose to customize) if you defer to your coordinators unless you yourself have called a play in a certain situation many times. If you fill it completely(200 plays I believe), you will never get the joy of stealing plays as you will have every play you could ever need from the beginning and will learn your playbook faster than normal as you have every play already that needs to be practiced.

Upsides, every play you want is available, especially if you like to call as many plays as possible in a game. Whatever you choose as your base playbook will be the "bread and butter" and wont need you to pick those plays if you dont want to as the coordinators will rely on them over and over.

I dont use custom playbooks. I just use one playbook and build it through a career to enjoy the satifaction of building "something out of nothing" in essence when picking weak playbooks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »