Home

Developing coaches - Questions

This is a discussion on Developing coaches - Questions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Developing coaches - Questions

So I have a pretty crap special teams coach (potentials capped at 2-3 across the board). I'm starting to consider getting him some special skills, but I know as soon as a better coach comes along he'll be replaced.

So do the accumulated points transfer? Say I don't develop him at all at end of season he has maybe 10,000 points. I fire him and bring in another coach, will those 10,000 points be available to the new guy?

Also, when it's time to build special skills of your position coaches, which are the go to skills? Ebons thread has a brilliant run down with leadership and mentor and educator, etc. Both ebon and mrs have some awesome views on developing those skills, but what about the starting skills, like game film analysis and others?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Developing coaches - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
So I have a pretty crap special teams coach (potentials capped at 2-3 across the board). I'm starting to consider getting him some special skills, but I know as soon as a better coach comes along he'll be replaced.

So do the accumulated points transfer? Say I don't develop him at all at end of season he has maybe 10,000 points. I fire him and bring in another coach, will those 10,000 points be available to the new guy?

Also, when it's time to build special skills of your position coaches, which are the go to skills? Ebons thread has a brilliant run down with leadership and mentor and educator, etc. Both ebon and mrs have some awesome views on developing those skills, but what about the starting skills, like game film analysis and others?
No, the 10000 points go with the old coach to his new team. You might as well use them.

The devs say the developmental skills and the positional special skills should be stressed with position coaches, but I'm finding out Team Chemistry is also very important.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Developing coaches - Questions

Thanks mrs. I remember the team chemistry part from your other thread. Cheers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »