Home

Is game best for me?

This is a discussion on Is game best for me? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is game best for me?

I am considering picking this game up but I have a few questions.

Can you edit players?

Can you edit coaches?

Do you get combine info on rookies going into the draft? Or do you have to scout everything about them to get info on them?

Can you create players?

Can you create coaches?

Thanks any help would be great.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

I'll answer as best as I can, others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit players? You can only edit their position and number.

Edit coaches? No.

Combine info? Yes you get combine info. You also get whatever ratings and stuff that you've scouted.

Create players? No.

Create coaches? You can only create your own new coach but you can create new coaches that aren't your specific head coach.

Why are those features important to you?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #11
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I'll answer as best as I can, others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit players? You can only edit their position and number.

Edit coaches? No.

Combine info? Yes you get combine info. You also get whatever ratings and stuff that you've scouted.

Create players? No.

Create coaches? You can only create your own new coach but you can create new coaches that aren't your specific head coach.

Why are those features important to you?
They were important to me because I was thinking I could just update the rosters as close as I can to current day and then begin a coaching career. I am a big Lions fan and would love to have Stafford, Fairley, and Suh for example. Looks like I will have Kitna, Redding, and Rogers I think? Still sounds like a really fun game though so I may have to pick it up.

I used to play Front Page Sports Football Pro (1993) and I loved that game and the strategy that was involved with building a team. Been looking for a game that is as fun as that game was. Head Coach 09 sounds like it may be it for me.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1

I personally think that if you are looking for a game to play and compete with Madden then this is not it. It was made for the Strategy and Management Aspect and it does that very well. Obviously there were not as many of us desiring that as they stopped production and focused on their two top sellers NCAA Football and Madden.
This Forum is one of the best things going and really helps to understand the enjoyment of this game.
Stay Tuned to this Forum and if you decide to stick with HC09 you will gain a much better perspective on the Sport itself and the deeper aspects of how things are put together than what Madden or any of the others can show.
Not Saying, just Saying
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Welcome to HC09. The game is VERY deep and its very invloved. I have been playing it since it came out in 08 and I am still learning things. Granted I took a few years off from it because I got hooked on other games but HC09 has always had the replay value and even with it being out of date roster and coaches wise its an amazing game. I have recommended it to many of my friends and acquintances over the years. You either love the game or hate it. The game is NOT for everyone but if you like sports sim games then its solid. There is nothing better. Anyways best of luck to ya and if you need any help let us know. We are there to help as well as spread knowledge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »