Home

Weather affected games

This is a discussion on Weather affected games within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Weather affected games

Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to share their stories on some weather affected games and how they played out. I have yet to play in snow (is that even a feature?) and have played in some rainy games, but I recently played a slugfest against the Titans in the pouring rain.

I couldn't run the ball. My punt returner often slipped when trying to elude a tackle. And it was really hard to throw the ball, with many dropped passes.

Vince Young was doing okay and had the Titans up 10-3 at the half. My team (packers) were struggling, and Andre Woodson, the rookie QB was playing poorly.

The 2nd half was more of the same and I noticed by the 4th the entire ground was mud. The titans logo was gone. And all my players were filthy. An early 4th quarter FG pulled us back to 10-6 but it looked like it would be impossible to score.

Both teams traded more limited opportunities with punts being the best way to get field position. Coming up to 4 minutes remaining we had a 4th and 4 on the Titans 40 which I decided to go for. No good and we turn it over. I almost threw the controller at this point. And certainly abused my television.

Luckily, the Titans didn't do much with the ball and we got the ball back on our 20 with 2:30 left for one final drive. A FG wouldn't cut it. Woodson had been terrible. Ryan Grant had run for 11 total yards.

First play was a completion up the middle to Greg Jennings for a first down at mid field. The Ryan Grant got a tough 5 yards. A short pass led to a 3rd and inches. Woodson with the QB sneak actually got a first down and 8 yards. We were at the Titans 30 with a minute to go. Woodson steps back and drills another pass to James Jones who gets taken down at the Titans 2 yard line.

The rain is coming down hard. I give it to Ryan Grant who breaks a tackle and scores. 13-10 Packers.

Vince Young and the Titans get it back with 40 seconds left and 2 time outs. Vince Young fires a pass, complete to Isaac Bruce to midfield. Then fires another to the 40. With 5 seconds left they try a field goal that comes up short.

Game over.

A very engaging and tough game. Played in tough conditions.

Share your stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Weather affected games

I think there have been a couple of snow games, but rainy conditions are more frequent. I can say that the weather conditions are random, you might have a rainy game in one start, but perfect weather the next time you play that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »