Home

"PRE-PATCH" SLIDERS Claystone

This is a discussion on "PRE-PATCH" SLIDERS Claystone within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: "PRE-PATCH" SLIDERS Claystone

If you make adjustments to the sliders, you can never see how the game was meant to grow as the years change. You have to do a set where you dont change them for 3 years to truly understand how good or bad your slider set is. Until others have, and until others have tested their sliders on different careers at different years, they havent truly made sure their sliders will be good for different kinds of offenses and defenses.

Play the game how you want but dont expect me to respect your sliders if you havent put in the same kind of effort in testing yours as I have mine. I have 4 different careers with different drafts and different players in different philosphies in different years of the careers. ALL OF THEM PLAY REALISTICALLY WITH MY SLIDERS.

I have pure passing teams and pure running teams & option running teams, I have a 335 326 defense, a 4-3 bears cover 2 defense, a steelers 3-4 defense. All of them reproduce similar stats based on how they should play. If you cant claim that, you havent tested your sliders enough....

Last edited by Byron Yatch; 09-23-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Byron,

I know Coach Now plays different. I'm the one who did a thread on this fact back in 2008 or 2009 informing the HC community. I figured it out when doing my sliders.

But that was for "Post Patch" not "Pre-Patch".
Old 09-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
About the running game, the Texans start with OLC Alex Gibbs-5 performance and all OL special skills. You'll have a good running game regardless of what sliders you use.

I think you need to make periodic adjustments to whatever slider set you use. Performance and special skills constantly change, and those have a huge impact on the gameplay.

You do have a good reputation on sliders claystone, but I would like to see how your running game works out without Gibbs-do some more testing and report back.
Hey Mrs844,

What I'm getting is both teams running game looks good. Mine and the cpu's, and the cpus are a different team that doesn't have the Texans ratings.

But try them out and see what you think. I always say, it doesn't cost you anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #12
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1

Ya know, Byron, people probably wouldn't give you such a hard time or respond so negatively against you at times if you didn't come across as such an arrogant, know-it-all jackass.

There's a lot of people on this board who've given great info over the years (ebon, mrs, claystone, picker, the dev team,etc) and never came across with the attitude that you seem to have. You get SO damn defensive if somebody questions your sliders or info that we get another 10 paragraph post of you starkly defending your stuff and insulting/degrading the poster who questioned you.

Everybody will play the game the way they want to. Get used to it. If somebody likes your sliders, then good. If somebody hates your sliders, so be it. You shared your info for others to hopefully enjoy, but it doesn't stop there. You then make post after post about how your sliders are the ONLY sliders you can use and every other slider set ever made is crap and we should bow down to your mighty slider-set skills! Seriously, get over yourself.

It's people like you that make longtime lurkers like myself hate message boards.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

You fail to mention that I literally tried everyones slider set for 4 months and cooperated with everyone else who was making sliders while working on my own. I have tested every other slider possibility ON THIS FORUM except the last two put up. One was skip texas I believe, and then this guys sliders. And both, have no reason or rhyme to it. Neither have broken down WHY thier sliders work or what they should achieve. There's nothing to base this information on other than somoene's "reputation"...

You dont have to like my contributions, but you would be sadly mistaken if you never tried them. I never said my sliders HAVE TO BE PRE PATCH or POST patch or anything. My sliders work for any career, at anytime in the career, and my sliders shoot for realistic stats. If yours dont, they fall short of mine.

Im not here to make friends, I have those already, all over the world even. Im here to spread facts so that players new to this game will have the correct information. Im here to break down the game and why it does this or that. It never crossed my mind to care if you're my friend or not. Last I checked, I'll never meet you in person, no need to care...

Do what you want but I break down everything I say with logic and explanations, not just say I had a half with these sliders and thought they were good so Ill post them up.

Realize, not everyone cares about popularity, some people just want to know whats correct. I give good information and back it up with pictures. If you cant do that, you dont meet my expectations, nor are you worthy of my respect as you pass out information you cant verify over long enough time periods.

One game is not a good sample for a slider set(or one half with written stats). If you dont know that, its cause you havent used any logic in testing your sliders. How are you to know how the whole season will unfold by one game(or even one half)? How are you supposed to find out where stats round out if you havent played AT LEAST HALF A SEASON and doubled them, or a fourth and quadrupled them(still not a long enough to see different weather and enough matchups though)?

Play how you want, but dont tell me you have great sliders then show me 95 in everything defense and special teams, then 5 in all offense(WHILE TELLING ME I HAVE TO DELETE THE PATCH WHICH STOPS MOST OF THE FREEZING IN THIS GAME). And YOU still have the balls to claim its realistic/good slider set....

He even admitted to testing them 30 games in play now which uses an entirely different system(only one season in career which anyone who test sliders knows its harder to find difficulty with sliders after a couple years) Doesnt matter if you think you had a good set for the first year, matters how they do in year 3 and on.

You have to test sliders Later in the regular season(once teams learn their playbooks), and more importantly the playoffs(against the best teams). if you dont, you're not testing against good enough teams at their peak, just schmucks at their weakest...

If you change the sliders every game or two, you're not allowing the sliders to settle with you and why you should change this or that. You just change things cause you think they might work better, you just dont know how. You are not getting a true representation of a slider set in one game as you cant just x it by 16 and say, thats what someone should have gotten in 16 games.

UNTIL this slider set,(or any) produces a running back going over the single game record FOR THE CPU like mine have(and has a picture to prove it), they arent worthy of testing...

If you want to think you have good sliders, choose whatever sliders you prefer, play a full season on them(without changing any of them) then post the stats at the end of the season. If they are above realistic numbers, your sliders are trash... I'll do the same if you like, take me about 3 days if I plug away at it and let madden sit a little bit. Take pictures of every important statistic like yards and tds for qbs recievers and rbs, sacks and interceptions for defense. If they arent close to realistic, you wasted time believing in something you couldnt prove.

I can prove my sliders provide realism, can you prove yours do?

Last edited by Byron Yatch; 09-25-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
I like playing this game Pre-Patch due to the fact that the CPU will sub their players.
After patch CPU doesn't sub players?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I hope I don't ever have to point out how obvious this is:

Do not EVER go into someone's slider thread and harass them. This is a community and posting sliders is something we give everyone the opportunity to do. If you don't like someone's sliders, then don't use them.

Now thanks to one member, the community has one less guy making sliders. Don't be the next one.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Re: "PRE-PATCH" SLIDERS Claystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I hope I don't ever have to point out how obvious this is:

Do not EVER go into someone's slider thread and harass them. This is a community and posting sliders is something we give everyone the opportunity to do. If you don't like someone's sliders, then don't use them.

Now thanks to one member, the community has one less guy making sliders. Don't be the next one.
So he's banned completely? Or just for a period? Whilst this member is opinionated and has stepped out of line by posting within this topic, I personally think a complete ban is somewhat harsh.

I appreciate that a point needs to be made and don't condone the behavior of belittling others and their efforts. As such, I hope (and I'm sure there were) some private attempts to provide warning before a ban was enforced.

Being outspoken and self assured can lead to some negative behavior, as seen in this topic, but it also has the potential for positive results. Pity it didn't in this case.

Cheers guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »