Home

New York Jets Career - Advice Welcome

This is a discussion on New York Jets Career - Advice Welcome within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: New York Jets Career - Advice Welcome

Undrafted Free Agents

My major need was still a TE and possibly a RG and I knew there would be slim pickings in the Undrafted pool. The Patriots took TE Mike Peterson in the 4th round (surprising?) so I have my eyes on the smaller Mark Moffit.

Undrafted guys were as follows:

RG Andrew Crummey
TE Mark Moffit
ROLB David Vobora
FS Josh Barrett
K Alexis Serna

GM Invites

A bunch of rookies and veterans make up the rest of the camp invites. Of note is CB Ty Law who made it through with no suitors in free agency. I was hoping to bring Tony Richardson in as we are in desperate need of a FB.

Now as training camp approaches, we'll see if there are any rookie holdouts (because I'm being a hard a-s-s and won't be budging from my package 1 offers, I ain't taking sh*t from no 20 year olds). I'm confident.

Coming up next, the Cleveland Browns in the Jets first preseason game.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

English path huh? Two words, DANE MORROW!!!! Qb of the future. He's a stud.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
I know I've got my eyes on him too. Never had him yet but heard lots of good things. The other one that interests me is Jake Scott.

But that leads me to some questions regarding these well known stud QBs.

Andre Woodson is good, but takes absolutely ages to pass the ball. He just seems slow.

I've heard (but never seen it in action) that Dane Morrow has a rocket and a super quick release. So that's far different from Woodson.

So how does Jake Scott play? And Jack English for that matter? Are they slow passers like Woodson or quick releasers like Morrow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #12
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Jake plays well, although it takes him some time to get started. (2nd season for me) But he does get it out pretty quickly.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
If I have the chance, should I get Morrow even though I have Brady? Brady will be 31 in 2009 and Morrow sounds real good! I imagine Brady will be an elite QB until perhaps 33?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
If I have the chance, should I get Morrow even though I have Brady? Brady will be 31 in 2009 and Morrow sounds real good! I imagine Brady will be an elite QB until perhaps 33?
I would imagine, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine Morrow would be the type who'd expect to start pretty soon (if not rookie season then maybe 2nd). I don't know his personality either.

The English draft has other brilliant QBs I think. Like Kaven Duncan (not sure what year he's in and whether Brady would make it).
Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I would imagine, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine Morrow would be the type who'd expect to start pretty soon (if not rookie season then maybe 2nd). I don't know his personality either.

The English draft has other brilliant QBs I think. Like Kaven Duncan (not sure what year he's in and whether Brady would make it).
Brady will be good until he's at least 36, especially with the pats coaching staff. I wouldn't even think about replacing him until he's ready to go. He's ungodly on this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

So for it seems you have done pretty good.
In my opinion i would actually take a bit different approach to the upcoming draft though.

You took McFadden in the 08 draft so build around him and instead of taking a stab at getting Morrow (awesome btw) or even Scott, I would go after the QB from Ga. Southern (his name will be random).

Why? Well cap space is paramount in this game and waiting til the 5th or even 6th round to sign a quality QB sounds amazing to me. Plus this guy is literally like having Brees as ur starter (they even compare him to Brees) Granted you will sign him to 3 years instead of 5 but either way its still a win.

Plus instead of using that 1st rounder up on a QB you can now take maybe a guy like WR DJ Crosby and have a potential Megatron type reciever as both a deep threat and a slant master.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »