Home

New York Jets Career - Advice Welcome

This is a discussion on New York Jets Career - Advice Welcome within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: New York Jets Career - Advice Welcome

Guys,

I can't thank you enough for the suggestions in upcoming drafts. I think there will be a lot of potential Jets to be found amongst them.

Here's a question:

Will the slot receiver always be the 1st on the depth chart? Or the 3rd? I can't figure out and wonder if the only way to make sure you have the guy in the slot (Bellows) you want is to do a quick sub?

So basically who goes where according to the WR depth chart? Hope that makes sense.

I progressed a bit more and am about to play my first preseason game. Had some hold outs, but sent the big guns over to get the job done before the preseason kicks off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #26
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Guys,

I can't thank you enough for the suggestions in upcoming drafts. I think there will be a lot of potential Jets to be found amongst them.

Here's a question:

Will the slot receiver always be the 1st on the depth chart? Or the 3rd? I can't figure out and wonder if the only way to make sure you have the guy in the slot (Bellows) you want is to do a quick sub?

So basically who goes where according to the WR depth chart? Hope that makes sense.

I progressed a bit more and am about to play my first preseason game. Had some hold outs, but sent the big guns over to get the job done before the preseason kicks off.
The slot WR is the 3rd on the Depth Chart. He will be lined up in the slot and be defended by either a nickle CB or a LB/Safety. I prefer to have a speedy shorter 6-0 and under guy in the slot and have my tall WRs on the outsides (1st and 2nd in Depth Chart).

It really depends on how you want to do it but having your speedy explosive WR in the slot equals more Yards After Catch (YAC) and more ball movement for your offense. This is not taking away from your outside WRs who will get their looks and yardage.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #27
Pro

Awesome. Thanks for that answer. I suppose that means if Bellows is a brilliant slot guy you should put him 3rd on the depth chart.

I would also think that catch in traffic would be a must for a slot WR too.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #28
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Awesome. Thanks for that answer. I suppose that means if Bellows is a brilliant slot guy you should put him 3rd on the depth chart.

I would also think that catch in traffic would be a must for a slot WR too.
True and yes 2rd on the depth chart. I have him #2 on mine. #1 belonging to Brandon Marshall
Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
True and yes 2rd on the depth chart. I have him #2 on mine. #1 belonging to Brandon Marshall
Is 2rd somewhere between 2nd and 3rd?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #30
MVP

I read somewhere on this forum, Donnie Avery thread maybe, where DeSean Jackson and Avery were good in the slot. Both have great speed, but neither is very good with Catch in Traffic. Thus, my question is, do slot receivers really need to have good CIT rating? If yes, how good is good?

How about Calvin Johnson in the slot?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #31
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I read somewhere on this forum, Donnie Avery thread maybe, where DeSean Jackson and Avery were good in the slot. Both have great speed, but neither is very good with Catch in Traffic. Thus, my question is, do slot receivers really need to have good CIT rating? If yes, how good is good?

How about Calvin Johnson in the slot?
Megatron is NOT a slot guy man. he's a big bad beastie that can go up and get it on the outside. You prototype in the slot is Wes Welker. Can get in and out of cuts quickly, run good clean routes, and get open underneath. They are your security blankets for moving the chains, when your guys down field are locked up. CIT for these guys is not as big a deal as you might think, as they can usually find a soft spot in the D and get open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
Megatron is NOT a slot guy man. he's a big bad beastie that can go up and get it on the outside. You prototype in the slot is Wes Welker. Can get in and out of cuts quickly, run good clean routes, and get open underneath. They are your security blankets for moving the chains, when your guys down field are locked up. CIT for these guys is not as big a deal as you might think, as they can usually find a soft spot in the D and get open.
From what I have been reading, the game likes tall WRs. Along that line is why I thought of Calvin Johnson in the slot. Welker is short and if the game likes tall receivers, then how about a guy like Colston or Brandon Marshall in the slot?

As for CIT, I would prefer someone who has a good CIT rating, doesn't have to be great, but good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »