Home

Changing positions vs depth charting

This is a discussion on Changing positions vs depth charting within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Changing positions vs depth charting

So I've been thinking about the benefits of changing player positions for tactical purposes and whether others do so. In addition I'm wondering if people put players 'out of position' when they are more suited to it.

For example, I now have Chris Steltz, who won't get any play behind Kerry Rhodes or Gibril Wilson as a safety. So I'm thinking about putting him as a nickel/dime CB.

Also, I'm extremely weak at TE and lacking depth at WR. So I'm thinking of using Darren McFadden as a WR in a single back, 4 WR set (with Thomas Jones as the single back).

I'd love to hear other stories of tactical swaps to cover up some weaknesses and/or just to mix it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Changing positions vs depth charting

I used to edit their position, but then I found out that doing so erases their production grade, putting them back to zero. So now, if I do any position swaps, I do so only via the depth chart.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Changing positions vs depth charting

As Picker said the production goes to zero which isn't that big of a deal unless you want to trade that player. In my first season with the Chargers with the online roster and actual draft results I switched Antoine Cason from CB to SS since it would take some development to supplant my CB starters. He has performed well and his production went up in the 30's a few games later and I have been happy with that move. If you are worried about production then make the move in the preseason. This is part of what makes the game quite fun. In happens in real life, just this week NYJ RB Joe McKnight is now playing CB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »