Home

I need some help...

This is a discussion on I need some help... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: I need some help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I don't think so-the injury rating can decrease after a injury, but I don't recall seeing any progression with it.
I finally discovered where all this information is stored, on the players card! It's all there under Progression. But, I don't know if those caps can change.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

the only way that caps on any stats can change is via gamebreaker involving potential increase or by getting the special skill motivator for your HC which by the way is awesome.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStang
the only way that caps on any stats can change is via gamebreaker involving potential increase or by getting the special skill motivator for your HC which by the way is awesome.
Skill motivator sounds very interesting. What does it do and how much does it cost? Also, is it for one season and you have to buy it again for next season?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Skill motivator sounds very interesting. What does it do and how much does it cost? Also, is it for one season and you have to buy it again for next season?
It is a skill only avail to head coaches in the special skills tree it is near the bottom and if you have ambition already you need the skill charm then you can get motivator for 34k points... its a lil expensive but for example if you draft a guy like QB Jake Scott, as a field general his max potential is 94 but with motivator he can be a 98 and his throw power is maxed at 99 as well as accuracy and awareness... pretty much motivator is like a extra boost out of every player on your team this boost comes in the form of expanding the max level for each skill for that player... you only have to get it one time... now i haven't done extensive testing but i think that each player you add to your team after getting motivator gets the benefit as well as the current players on your roster but i am not 100% on that i will have to get back with you on that... either way it is really really good to have
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStang
It is a skill only avail to head coaches in the special skills tree it is near the bottom and if you have ambition already you need the skill charm then you can get motivator for 34k points... its a lil expensive but for example if you draft a guy like QB Jake Scott, as a field general his max potential is 94 but with motivator he can be a 98 and his throw power is maxed at 99 as well as accuracy and awareness... pretty much motivator is like a extra boost out of every player on your team this boost comes in the form of expanding the max level for each skill for that player... you only have to get it one time... now i haven't done extensive testing but i think that each player you add to your team after getting motivator gets the benefit as well as the current players on your roster but i am not 100% on that i will have to get back with you on that... either way it is really really good to have
Yes, it seems like really good to have. The question in my mind is by boosting player attributes will that mean they want new contracts, or when renewing, they want more and present salary cap problem? Just to let you know, I'm the Patriots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Yes, it seems like really good to have. The question in my mind is by boosting player attributes will that mean they want new contracts, or when renewing, they want more and present salary cap problem? Just to let you know, I'm the Patriots.
Motivator doesn't increase player attributes, it increases their attributes potential. Say Tony Bake maxes at 50 Learning, Motivator increases his Potential in Learning to 57 or 59. It will increase all attributes potential by 7-9 points for all players currently on your roster, but it is a one time effect. Players that join later will not be impacted by it.You need good player development for players to reach their increased potential.

It will increase overall if they reach that potential, which will increase the cost of re-signing later.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Motivator doesn't increase player attributes, it increases their attributes potential. Say Tony Bake maxes at 50 Learning, Motivator increases his Potential in Learning to 57 or 59. It will increase all attributes potential by 7-9 points for all players currently on your roster, but it is a one time effect. Players that join later will not be impacted by it.You need good player development for players to reach their increased potential.

It will increase overall if they reach that potential, which will increase the cost of re-signing later.
Thanks for the information. The killer for me now is I can't change the Coach reaction in game. The reaction is stuck on Emotional. I tried moving the left stick down but that does nothing. I also tried the right stick and left button. I don't know what to do. Should I reinstall the game? Am I doing something wrong? I am using an Xbox 360 controller.

I know my left stick works because I can move it down to navigate the menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »