Home

Stang's Dynasty

This is a discussion on Stang's Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stang's Dynasty

Hello and welcome to my new dynasty thread. I actually started one before but had a system crash and lost all my data from my hard drive so now everything is new and good to go so I figure that its time to start a new coach in HC09.

In this thread I am gonna try to be as detailed as possible about all aspects of my game and if I miss anything please feel free to ask about it or let me know.

First things first... Playbooks...

Now me personally, I like to create my own playbooks based on what type of offense and defense I plan to use. On offense I am one to use the run game to set up play action. On defense I am a multiple D fan, I run a base 3-4 but blended with an attacking 4-3 scheme.

So for my offensive playbook I chose to go with the sanders army run.
Now this playbook has no good passing plays at all but here is my plan...
I added all of the singleback normal plays to it. I also added a few of my favorite singleback 3WR plays as well. Then I added The Shotgun 3WR and Shotgun TE Slot formations. Last I added the Maryland I, I Form normal and just a few Shotgun 4WR plays for long type situations.

Defensively I chose the Ravens Playbook (Rex Ryan 46)...
But I changed it alot... I have the following formations, 3-4 normal and attacking 3-4, 4-3 normal and attacking 4-3, 46, 4-4, nickle normal, 2-4-5, 1-5-5, and just a couple 3-3-5 plays I like.

Next is coach creation and that is also the next post....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Stang's Dynasty

Ok coach creation...

Name- JD Stang
Character- #34
Personality- Commander
Skills- Ambition, Charm, Charisma, Bottom 3 playbook skills
Playbooks- Offensive: Stang Ball Control (custom)
Defensive: Stang Psycho D (custom)

Quick insight on coach skill choices...

I chose these skills because of value. By that I mean that according to what i have found the most important skills to have for your HC are the special skills first. Why? Well the position coaches are better used for the positional skills and the coordinators as well (kinda... details later). But the HC should be used to Develop those coaches and make them better while they are making the players better.

Ok team selection... what do you guys think, what team should I chose... better yet, which team would you guys like to follow as I play... and the Pats and Colts cannot be choices!LOL

Do you think a total revamp... thats what I'm thinkin... give me your thoughts and we can get this thing rollin!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStang
Ok team selection... what do you guys think, what team should I chose... better yet, which team would you guys like to follow as I play... and the Pats and Colts cannot be choices!LOL

Do you think a total revamp... thats what I'm thinkin... give me your thoughts and we can get this thing rollin!
I like to go with a team that has a decent GM and a decent roster. I am currently running a Broncos Dynasty. Its fun. I would recommend the Redskins, Jags, Bears, Packers, or even my Seahawks. I would love to see someone run a Dynasty with the Seahawks. I like seeing what other ppl do with my Seahawks since I always know what I am going to do when I have them. They have some tough contracts to work around and have some dumb signings...which we all know makes things fun. Just like the Raiders.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

For some reason I'm really liking the Ravens in real life. Their fans are crazy and Ray Lewis is crazy.

Plus in HC09 Rex Ryan is still with them, and that's a big plus. (Side note, I wonder if he gets a head coaching gig in the game. Can't wait for the offseason!)

My choice would be the Ravens. If only for the fact that it would be cool to follow that.

Either way, good luck with the choice, whichever one you make.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OK thanks for the input fellas... After careful consideration I have decided that the team I will use is the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Ravens was a team I was really leaning toward but the loss of Rex Ryan at the end of the season weather or not you agree to bring him back is a huge blow to that good but aging defense, the cap space is limited a lil too much and getting rid of Ray Ray is a very very pricey cut.

The Seahawks are actually kind-of interesting, but I decided AFC is where I want to be

OK so... time to get this season underway!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

In my Dynasty the Chiefs SUCK! They have Sage Rosenfels at QB. Its a domination of both O and D.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
Rookie

As the 2008 off season begins I check over my roster and see that outside of WR Dwayne Bowe and LOLB Derrick Johnson the Chiefs suck!

So first off I set my positional phil. and they are as followed...

QB- Field General
HB- Power
FB- Balanced
WR- Balanced (will change to size in year 3)
TE- Balanced
OL- All are Zone Blocking
DE- Prototype
DT- One Gap
OLB- Pass Rusher
MLB- Balanced
CB- Balanced
FS- Balanced
SS- Balanced ( may change to run support down the road)
K- Balanced
P- Balanced

OK next up pre-draft trades and FA signings
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStang
As the 2008 off season begins I check over my roster and see that outside of WR Dwayne Bowe and LOLB Derrick Johnson the Chiefs suck!

So first off I set my positional phil. and they are as followed...

QB- Field General
HB- Power
FB- Balanced
WR- Balanced (will change to size in year 3)
TE- Balanced
OL- All are Zone Blocking
DE- Prototype
DT- One Gap
OLB- Pass Rusher
MLB- Balanced
CB- Balanced
FS- Balanced
SS- Balanced ( may change to run support down the road)
K- Balanced
P- Balanced

OK next up pre-draft trades and FA signings
Field General while running the option....should be interesting. Also why Power HB? I would suspect that speed or moves guys would be better suited for the option but I could be wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »