Home

What is your most fun part of this game?

This is a discussion on What is your most fun part of this game? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is your most fun part of this game?

The Skill Set Of Planning Out Your Team Roster With Draft Picks And Free Agents. Trading Is Clever And Fun. Developing Players To Fit The Game Planning And Plays.
I Play Every Game, But I Do Look Forward To The Off-Season.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

WHAT IS THE MOST FUN?????

THE MOST FUN is being in forums like this, where everyone likes the same type of games I do-MANAGER SIMS(Football mgr,nba 2k series, draft day sports,world basketball manager, Madden series,Charazay bball, etc)- and ppl actualy know(more than me) WTF I'm talking about....

It's like WE ALL have our OWN UNIQUE UNIVERSE we share, where we can "create" sports stories/epics with infinite paralel versions of that universe, which still has constants & variables that we all can relate to (players, money, wins, trophies)...

Honestly, I could've NEVER be able to follow sports, if manager games didn't exist..In fact, now that I think about it, I didn't really follow sports, b4 mgr games, I played a lot of sports, but never had an apetite to spectate. I just played basketball...
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

the most fun of the game (sometimes annoying) would be when you can pick up on free agents the computer idiotically let go of like kavario allen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #12
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

I think my favorite part is running the option right now. It used to be the draft. I wouldn't care about the games I would just sim to the offseason and draft. Now however I am intrigued with the option. I currently have a 66 play playbook. Its strictly Triple Option plays out of the Wishbone and WR jet sweep option plays out of the Shotgun. I have the 6 normal pass plays out of the Wishbone as well as a couple PA to throw off the CPU but its mainly Triple Option. I managed to trade with the Titans for Vince Young...surprisingly cheaper then I had imagined as I sent a decent DT (forgot the name), a DE (I think it was Denney??) and a 4th 2010 for him. I wasn't expecting that but he has been doing well.

I have to agree with the previous poster as well. I love when I trade a player and a couple days later they are released. Or when a player like Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon get released....it happened in this career. 2009 Pre-Season and I have VY, Josh Johnson and Dennis Dixon running the option. I love it. 3 option QBs on my team. Definitely makes things easier. VY passes the ball and runs from time to time and Josh Johnson is strictly Option plays and Dixon comes in when Johnson is tired. But yes the CPU AI can be pretty dumb at times with who they cut.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3

I really enjoy the off season period. Just having the opportunity to put on a GM's hat and make decisions on Free agents, trades, and drafting of players is much more thrilling for me than the actual game play on the field. I guess it's the fantasy footballer in me. And really finding many great and useful information on this forum. Keep up the great work everybody, this rookie truly appreciates it!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
MVP

Last night I started a new career, 2008 off-season. I got to the draft and couldn't stop, went all the way into signing contracts and never went to bed. I ate breakfast and took the wife shopping, no sleep. Now I am going into the Play Creator because quite a few plays need adjustments, plays that were added by me before starting the career.

The clock is ticking and teams pick and my pulse rises with every advance pick wondering if they are going to pick what I want. Should I try to trade up, should I try to trade down, should I save and get some sleep
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #15
Rookie

lowenstaat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Last night I started a new career, 2008 off-season. I got to the draft and couldn't stop, went all the way into signing contracts and never went to bed. I ate breakfast and took the wife shopping, no sleep. Now I am going into the Play Creator because quite a few plays need adjustments, plays that were added by me before starting the career.

The clock is ticking and teams pick and my pulse rises with every advance pick wondering if they are going to pick what I want. Should I try to trade up, should I try to trade down, should I save and get some sleep
I put in a similar marathon session Friday (the day afterThanksgiving) and Friday night. It was only the third time I've started a coachcareer in the game. After crafting my team with all the beginning preseason FAmoves and draft signings I had to at least field my team for one pre-seasongame, even though it was already about 0200 Saturday morning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenstaat
I put in a similar marathon session Friday (the day afterThanksgiving) and Friday night. It was only the third time I've started a coachcareer in the game. After crafting my team with all the beginning preseason FAmoves and draft signings I had to at least field my team for one pre-seasongame, even though it was already about 0200 Saturday morning.
Yes, it's so very interesting and challenging that I feel it's the best part of the game. I, like you, just had to play that first pre-season game.

What helps make the draft so exciting is the knowledge we have from those who gave us information on players. This last draft was the first time I ever drafted two free safeties rated so close, Prince Justin and Oregon State FS whose name changes--Devonte Hood in this draft. Hood has 91 potential and Justin is 88 using center-fielder philosophy. I wanted the Oregon State FS based on patsforlife listing him above Justin, and saying he was the best FS in the 2009 English draft. However, so many people here seem to like Justin and my GM had him above Hood that I felt like Justin had to be picked as well. Hood, Oregon State FS, has a somewhat disconcerting personality, but overall looks like a better FS in terms of attributes. I am thinking of using them both in a game, one for each half, just to see how they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »