Home

Speaking English Vs. Going To Reno ????

This is a discussion on Speaking English Vs. Going To Reno ???? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1
Speaking English Vs. Going To Reno ????

Drafted Jack English in last years Draft and he has been Fantastic. A tough QB who runs like a Bull and Throws with a Cannon, and Won MVP.
Happened to Trade for Cooper Reno by Only giving up Joseph Addai and a 2nd Round Draft Pick, which I have 2 more of anyway.
In this 2010 Season I start English and bring Reno in for the 4th Quarter. English usually sews up the Win by then but Reno comes in and throws Bullets up and down field usually getting 2-3 more Touchdowns with Accuracy and Manning/Brady like Style.
Can't sign Reno's Huge Contract and carry English's too. Looking for Opnion from Experience on who you would keep. Jacob Green is my 3rd String QB and is only about 1 step down from the two of them.
With Either QB, Luran James/RB, and Flash Gorden/WR on the Roster I want to stay Offensively Dominating.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Re: Speaking English Vs. Going To Reno ????

Go with Reno when English is done. Reno is a very solid QB, English is good too but the longevity you get from Reno is unbelievable. I also its Leron James and I am jealous you got Flash Gorden. I was trying to trade up for him and failed. I got some good pieces but my only tall WR is Marshall...whom I am glad I kept BTW.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

With so many brilliant QBs in the English path how does it affect the league? Does it make for more epic battles and strong teams?

I figured there are 7 great QBs in the path:
English
Morrow
James
Jake Scott
Reno
Pryor
Kaven Duncan

Add to that guys like Brady, the Mannings, Carson Palmer, etc. it means that about 50% of teams may have franchise QBs.

I'm on the English path and am excited to see how things pan out.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

I Agree About The Quarterbacks. There Should Be More Running Backs And Tight Ends As Well.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Pro

So what are the pros vs cons of having 2 elite level QBs on your team?

You have English and Reno. Does Reno's limited play (4th quarter only) limit his development? Have you found it's better to have elite QBs on your roster or do they start to demand the starting position?

I suppose it's better to have them on YOUR team rather than your potential opponents, but at what cost?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek

You have English and Reno. Does Reno's limited play (4th quarter only) limit his development? Have you found it's better to have elite QBs on your roster or do they start to demand the starting position?

I suppose it's better to have them on YOUR team rather than your potential opponents, but at what cost?
There's no reason to have 2 big time quarterbacks on your team at once if they each have a hefty contract. It's just wasted money that could be put to use improving other areas of your team. If you can get an elite QB in the draft in the late first or later, I'd say go ahead since it won't cost a ton and you'd easily get a big return on investment when you trade him away.

Last edited by Demonolith; 10-12-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

There aren't that many Pros other than the fact that you have two in case one gets injured or is having a terrible game. Tthe Con is simply that one does not get to play as much i.e. Vick vs. Kevin Kolb, Hasselback vs. Locker, RG3 vs. Cousins, Sanchez vs. Tebow, Etc.
There are so many very good QB's on this English Path 2009, 2010, and 2011 where by 2011 you actually have an Elite QB per team considering the new QB's and the older ones like the Mannings, Brady, Palmer, Etc. and have good competition all around if you use Competitive Sliders.
I Actually like the QB Competition on my team as it presents a more Realistic Challenge to me to make decisions that help the team game by game, and that is what I like about HC09 itself.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek

In regards to keeping him away from potential opponents, I can totally understand that reasoning but the cap cost just isn't worth it. If you are hellbent on keeping an elite QB away from your immediate competition, a better solution would be to pick up said elite QB in the draft and trade him away to a team in the opposite conference from you, preferably to a team with both a crappy offensive coordinator and playbook. You'd still be making out pretty good as you'd likely get a couple high picks or an elite player in return for the trade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »