Home

HC 2013 Roster

This is a discussion on HC 2013 Roster within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #49
Rookie

purplewolf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: HC 2013 Roster

YES
I got it to work this morning.
Now, I suppose, most of my questions will come from "in game".
I am wondering if I should start a new thread for "in game" observations and questions.

what say you??
Old 10-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #50
Rookie

STTV's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewolf
YES
I got it to work this morning.
Now, I suppose, most of my questions will come from "in game".
I am wondering if I should start a new thread for "in game" observations and questions.

what say you??
AWESOME!! I'm glad you got it to work. I thought We would never get this working. I was worried editing rosters might be a bust.

As for "In game" observations and questions, if you are using my HOF roster or future rosters and are helping to find any bugs or performance issues I would keep it here.

If you are using the roster that shipped with game, you may want to start a new thread for that so others who play the game can assist you.

Now if you are referring to how HOF players change game strategies you may want to start a new thread for that too.

If you are talking about how players should be rated or who to include for HOF then you should put it here. As it stands the HOF rated players are rated by the game not by me. I would like to see the community chime in on how certain HOF players should be rated.

the upcoming 2013 roster will be an exact replica of MADDEN 2013 ratings. Then once that is complete, I will create a realism roster for HC09 to test.

Thanks for not giving up. Your help was invaluable in nailing down how to load a roster for HC09 so others may likewise enjoy.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
Rookie

purplewolf's Arena

Now that I am playing with the HOF Roster, I thinking about doing a "dynasty" type thread, tracking how the HOF players impacted the game. Which ones ended up where, how they performed over the course of several seasons, how they impacted the salary cap, that sort of thing. And perhaps to give other players an idea of what to expect.

As for the tech stuff (bugs, ratings, etc.) I think you are right in that they should be kept here in this thread.

There are two clarifications that I think need to be brought up to begin with.
1) Earlier you posted a list of "potential" HOFers you were thinking of including. I assume as you got into the project you changed your mind on who to include and who to leave out as the players who are in the Roster are somewhat different that the ones you posted. I am more than willing to post the list that ended up in my career.

2) The other issue that needs to be clarified, and again I think you might have
mentioned this somewhere before, but everyone should be aware that this HOF Roster can only be used when starting a new game at 2008 free agency, and not with the 2008 Draft, at least I can't figure out how to do it.

Other than that, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS, and I look forward to trying out the 2013 Roster when it is finished.

p.

Last edited by purplewolf; 10-24-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #52
Rookie

STTV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewolf
Now that I am playing with the HOF Roster, I thinking about doing a "dynasty" type thread, tracking how the HOF players impacted the game. Which ones ended up where, how they performed over the course of several seasons, how they impacted the salary cap, that sort of thing. And perhaps to give other players an idea of what to expect.

As for the tech stuff (bugs, ratings, etc.) I think you are right in that they should be kept here in this thread.

There are two clarifications that I think need to be brought up to begin with.
1) Earlier you posted a list of "potential" HOFers you were thinking of including. I assume as you got into the project you changed your mind on who to include and who to leave out as the players who are in the Roster are somewhat different that the ones you posted. I am more than willing to post the list that ended up in my career.

2) The other issue that needs to be clarified, and again I think you might have
mentioned this somewhere before, but everyone should be aware that this HOF Roster can only be used when starting a new game at 2008 free agency, and not with the 2008 Draft, at least I can't figure out how to do it.

Other than that, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS, and I look forward to trying out the 2013 Roster when it is finished.

p.

1.) The HOFer's that you see were included on the disk and I only unlocked them. I only released a certain amount. No O-lineman and a lot of lesser known players. because I didn't want to flood the FA Pool and wasn't sure if any issues would come up. Like the 2008 draft thing you mentioned. Will it just not start? or do they no longer appear?

Second I don't have all the players I mentioned before cause I just wanted to get this out there quick for people to play around with. It's been 4 yrs since any one has played anything other than 2008 rosters. I still have to create the other HOF'ers I mentioned, but just the favorites for now. I figure people will rather have me working on 2013 rosters as soon as possible. Working on the HOF lets me work out any issues before I tackle the monster that is 2013.

If there are HOFer's missing from the roster that others would like to see added, now is the time to speak up and let me know so I can include them. Download and see for yourself before replying.

Thank you for testing and patience. Your input inspires me to continue.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #53
Rookie

STTV's Arena

Purple,
yeah if you would like to post the HOFer's I released into the FA pool that would be great. In the meantime, I will see if I can try and get them in the 08 draft pool. It may have to be 2 different rosters in order to do so.

But it would be cool to draft Montana or some other beast of a player.

If this works that means I can create two rosters: 2013 and 2012 w/rookies in the draft.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #54
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I am actively exploring the options available for changing the roster file for the PS3. There are a few programs out there that will allow it and I am just reading up on how to. Wish me luck as this seems like a daunting task. I might just let the pros handle this one. STTV you need to learn PS3 coding. :P JK
Hey bro, if you need some help, message me!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #55
Rookie

STTV, I have been reading your posts: you're the man brother! Updating HC09 to reflect 2012 rosters is an awesome idea...Just to clarify: You're still working on 2012-13 rosters? HOF players is a nice touch but current players that are missing (Clay Matthews, BJ Raji, Randall Cobb) would be outstanding...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #56
Rookie

purplewolf's Arena

These are the players currently on the HOF Roster
1. Mel Renfro CB
2. Mike Haynes CB
3. Lem Barney CB
4. Willie Brown CB
5. Mel Blount CB
6. James Lofton WR
7. Don Maynard WR
8. Herb Adderley CB
9. C. Bednarick MLB
10. Fran Tarkenton QB
11. Dan Fouts QB
12. Charlie Joiner WR
13. Bobby Mitchell
14. Paul Warfield WR
15. Fred Biletnikoff WR
16. Raymond Berry WR
17. Steve Largent WR
18. Willie Wood SS
19. Larry Wilson SS
20. Ray Nitschke MLB
21. Jack Lambert MLB
22. Jack Youngblood LE
23. Willie Lanier MLB
24. Gino Marchetti LE
25. Lee Roy Selmon RE
26. Dave Casper TE
27. Jack Ham LOLB
28. Mike Singletary MLB
29. Barry Sanders HB
30. Michael Irvin WR
31. Mike Ditka TE
32. Jackie Smith TE
33. John Mackey TE
34. Randy White DT
35. Ted Hendricks ROLB
36. Deacon Jones LE
37. Roger Wehrli CB
38. Elvin Bethea RE
39. Carl Eller LE
40. Joe Schmidt LOLB
41. Bobby Bell LE
42. Bob Lilly DT
43. Kellen Winslow TE
44. Merlin Olsen DT
45. Franco Harris HB
46. Joe Green DT
47. Earl Campbell HB
48. Walter Payton HB
49. Ozzie Newsome TE
50. Harry Carson MLB
51. Reggie White LE
52. Alan Page DT
53. Joe Montana QB
54. Larry Csonka FB
55. Charlie Sanders TE
56. Thurman Thomas HB

You won't get a single argument from me about who was put in and who was left out. In the end it really doesn't matter (no Saints?). However, I would like to suggest adding some offensive linemen, maybe a couple more safeties and what the heck how 'bout a punter and a kicker. The whole idea behind this is to test out the roster creation so we might as well go all the way. My suggestions would be (keeping in mind that we don't want to go too old, did some one say JIM THORPE):

Guards: Gene Upshaw, Bruce Matthews, John Hannah, Randall McDaniel, Russ Grimm, and Larry Little
Tackles: Ron Yary, Jackie Slater, Willie Roaf, Anthony Munoz, Forrest Gregg, and Art Shell
Centers: Mike Webster, Dermotti Dawson, and Jim Otto (others?)
Safeties: Ken Houston and Paul Krauss
Kicker: Jan Stenerud, Morten Anderson
Punter: Ray Guy, Yale Lary

We could all argue all day about who to put in, but again that's not the point, but I think that with the above additions, we will get a more comprehenive look at how this is going to work

p.

Last edited by purplewolf; 10-25-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: clarity, spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »