Home

Weird retirements and lack there of

This is a discussion on Weird retirements and lack there of within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Weird retirements and lack there of

Some strange random things from my Pats sim career.
The following players have yet to retire...
Rodney Harrison (85 OVR, Age 40, 18 years Pro)
Mike Vrabel (92 OVR, Age 37, 15 Years Pro)
Junior Seau (80 OVR, Age 44, 22 Years Pro)
are still playing for my Pats even though its been 4 years in.
Adalius Thomas and Shane Lechler retired before them...weird!!

Ray Lewis, Julius Peppers, Ronde Barber, Ty Law and more have already retired but not these three guys.

Anyone else had this happen? I have been keeping them around hoping they would retire a Patriot but they refuse to leave...maybe its because we are winning back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls. I just don't get it.

Tom Brady has been beast for me and he and the coaches have been the reason for my domination. I dunno what I will do when he retires but I am looking for that one QB that can continue the domination for New England.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Weird retirements and lack there of

Are you on the Sweetney path? Players definitely hang around longer on that path compared to the others. I had Kurt Warner still starting for the Chiefs at 47 in that career.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Are you on the Sweetney path? Players definitely hang around longer on that path compared to the others. I had Kurt Warner still starting for the Chiefs at 47 in that career.
Yes I am and I saw Delhomme and Warner still playing. Its gotta be the Sweetney path then. LOL, funny stuff.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Who has been the oldest active player in real life? Apart from kickers like Morten Andersen.

I can maybe understand having a 47 year old QB because if lucky they can completely avoid contact and being hit. But a 44year old linebacker! Now that would be one tough mofo!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Who has been the oldest active player in real life? Apart from kickers like Morten Andersen.

I can maybe understand having a 47 year old QB because if lucky they can completely avoid contact and being hit. But a 44year old linebacker! Now that would be one tough mofo!
LMAO, true...the best part...he is still playing like 30 plays a game and doing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

So its 2015 Offseason and Vrabel and Seau are still playing....granted on different teams but they are still here. Plus Urlacher and Tom Brady is still playing. I just traded Brady (38 years old) in the draft for the 6th OVR pick and got QB Owen Paulus from Harvard. Got a young Brady-esque for the OLD Brady. Love it!

Harrison retired this offseason as well so he was n for a while. Its weird seeing them stay in the Sweetney path. Especially when guys like Jason Campbell and Drew Brees have already retired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »