Home

I don't get it...

This is a discussion on I don't get it... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You asked how my record is, haven't lost any games, not even in pre-season.

I built what many would likely call the dream team. The first year I called the plays. However, after seeing what I considered Madden Football, I decided to super sim and occasionally pop in to call a play. Both OC and DC are maxed out for everything including play calling.

I can practice plays and gain nothing! Now let's take a look at what I have:

QB; Tom Brady
HB: LeRon James, Chris Johnson. Just a note here to tell you LeRon James fumbled 3 times in a game, second season, and I have never seen any opposing RB do that.

WR: Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, Bellows, Kenny Robinson

TE: Goldman, Warfield, and Vernon Davis

LG, RG, RT and Center are at least 90 OVR, LT is over 80.

OLB: Woodley and Merriman 93 OVR, MLB Patrick Willis 93 OVR and Bell who is over 80 OVR and a 3rd who is a rookie at 78 OVR.

LE is Ty Warren and RE is Albright (overt 80 OVR).

DT is Lopez over 90 OVR. 2nd string DT is around 80 OVR.

CB: Revis over 90 OVR, Juran Riley Over 90 OVR, Antonio Cromartie 89 OVR. My 4th CB is rated over 80.

FS is Kenny Phillips over 90 OVR and SS is Kerry Rhodes over 90 OVR.

The learning power of most everyone starting on this team is not an issue. Thus, the question in my mind is why numerous plays gain nothing in practice! They are not fully mastered, maybe somewhere between 35 and 48% mastered--there remains at least over 45% unlearned!

Every single game against the Bills includes an interception by McKelvin, 5'9" Mckelvin. Who is he guarding? Marshall at 6'4"? Calvin at 6"5"? Bellows at 6' with 96 speed? Now what about my guys? Revis (97 man coverage), Riley (97 man coverage), Cromartie (97 man coverage). Phillips and Rhodes? I must tell you that Riley with a catch rating of 79 did not have an interception until tenth game of regular season! Ah, but Mckelvin....

Sometimes I win big and sometimes I win fairly close. Brady did not even make 4000 yards passing this year. Now take another look at who he throws to and see if that makes sense to you. Brady is sometimes outplayed by QBs rated lower than 84! I am referring to pass completion percentage and interceptions--QB rating for the game. I don't get it!
With regards to learning: That % if for all players on your team so you are never going to see much more than 50% mastered for a play. Plus only players that actually play in the play or ever going to learn it. So if an offensive play is a singleback formation your full back doesn't ever learn it.

A note on comparing players: When you look at the ratings on other rosters remember those are based on your philosophies. So a player that has a 70 overall in your philosophy maybe starting for another team but have a much higher overall in their philosophy.

Game Progession and coach development: As you play later and later into this game the coaches continue to get better and better as they start to develope more and more special skills which seem to have a big impact on how teams plays on the field.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs6566
With regards to learning: That % if for all players on your team so you are never going to see much more than 50% mastered for a play. Plus only players that actually play in the play or ever going to learn it. So if an offensive play is a singleback formation your full back doesn't ever learn it.

A note on comparing players: When you look at the ratings on other rosters remember those are based on your philosophies. So a player that has a 70 overall in your philosophy maybe starting for another team but have a much higher overall in their philosophy.

Game Progession and coach development: As you play later and later into this game the coaches continue to get better and better as they start to develope more and more special skills which seem to have a big impact on how teams plays on the field.
As for Coaches, my OC and DC are maxed out--and they are the original Patriots coaches.

When I compare players, I don't just look at ratings, I also look at speed, height, and coverage skills. Please read through my posts and know what I have and what has occurred.

I've read posts saying how TE Goldman catches everything, but he drops passes in practically every game for me.

Can you picture a CB like McKelvin at 5'9" guarding Calvin Johnson, Bellows, or Brandon Marshall with Brady at QB?

How about a CB with 82 speed guarding any of those WRs I mentioned above? Can you picture a real football game with a CB at 82 speed guarding Calvin or Bellows? Marshall?

Juran Riley with a catch rating of 79 doesn't get an interception until 10th game of regular season! But, McKelvin always has at least one interception against Brady and my WRs. Riley? Revis? Antonio Cromartie?

My WRs almost always have more dropped passes than the lesser quality CPU WRs. Catch rating means nothing for my guys. Marshall regularly drops passes, even dropped three in one game. Goldman regularly drops passes, as does Bellows. The reason Brady isn't doing as well as he should is because his Receivers drop passes, aside from interceptions.

Both my OC and DC are level 5 for play calling, and that's what I mostly use. I may call a few plays during the game, but not every game. I win, and that's all well and good. But, with regards to "issues", I don't get it.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

My guys drop passes as well. They will not catch them all when you pass more then you run during the game. Besides that they do drop passes. There has been games where Marshall has dropped 3 passes and where Bellows dropped 3 passes. It happens.

If you really want something to complain about then try taking a terrible team with no good coaches to the superbowl...but make sure its not a team with a ton of cap space.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
My guys drop passes as well. They will not catch them all when you pass more then you run during the game. Besides that they do drop passes. There has been games where Marshall has dropped 3 passes and where Bellows dropped 3 passes. It happens.

If you really want something to complain about then try taking a terrible team with no good coaches to the superbowl...but make sure its not a team with a ton of cap space.
I know guys drop passes, but what I'm complaining about is not seeing CPU players of same quality dropping 3 passes in a game.

I would try a terrible team, but I have this insane ambition to win every game!

I am probably going to shock with this, so have a seat.

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360. I first bought this game, new, for the Xbox 360. I liked the same so much that I bought another disc for the PS3. Thus, now I can start a 2008 off season on my PS3 and see how it goes and use that as a guide. Then, after much deliberation, I can decide whether to start a 2008 off season on the PS3 and continue my present franchise, or just start a 2008 off season on 360. I have to tell you that after the Super Bowl when the owner asks me if I want to Retire, etc., and he always wants me to stay, I would enjoy saying no, I want to retire, Bye!

I remember when I took Kicker Serna off the FA list and my Owner was not happy with him. Now here is another tidbit, when the game doesn't want you to sign a player, the players asks for lots of money--that is my impression on the matter. We have Gostkowski but I wanted Serna. I let Serna go because he wanted too much money. But, if you know the story in this game, Serna is a much better kicker. Now, getting back to kickers, I recently signed a kicker with 99 Kicking power. I used him just for kickoffs. Guess what? He didn't kick any further than Gostkowski rated 87 kicking power! see what I mean? This is a Madden game, just like any other Madden game, except for the fact it has a different concept. Does the concept work flawlessly? Are plays being decided by realistic occurrences? Is what's happening on the field true to the game of football? Or is it true to Madden foooootball?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #21
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

I don't remember if you mentioned it at all during this thread but are you using any sliders or are they set at default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
I don't remember if you mentioned it at all during this thread but are you using any sliders or are they set at default?
I have all sliders at default. I always feel playing with sliders is like cheating, and I am not like the AI in this game
Old 10-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I have all sliders at default. I always feel playing with sliders is like cheating, and I am not like the AI in this game
Wait....you feel like you are cheating...yet you want to win and win often. Sliders WILL help with the gameplay of the game. I am just telling you and its not even moving them up. Most of the sliders go down to create better gameplay.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Wait....you feel like you are cheating...yet you want to win and win often. Sliders WILL help with the gameplay of the game. I am just telling you and its not even moving them up. Most of the sliders go down to create better gameplay.
Game play is what it is in madden fooootball. I win without cheating and that's good enough for me

Look, let me ask you a question. Why does the AI offer me plays in practice that will not gain anything? I don't get it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »