Home

advice from adam schefter

This is a discussion on advice from adam schefter within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: advice from adam schefter

hgeths, because you do that, you will never learn all the plays in your playbook. You will also raise your usage rate of every play you've mastered(to 6-10% or higher), thus dropping their success score(lower than 50% effectively ruining them).

In otherwords, the more often you use the same plays, the more likely they will stop working. Defenses(and offenses) catch up in this game and start predicting what you will pick based on what you have in the past on that down and distance and at that position of the field(left center and right).

Its very simple, yes, you can win(on default sliders) and be over prepared for a team in schefters opinion by just using the top play gameplans and positions. No one is saying otherwise.

I am however saying it is MUCH more efficient and effective to learn plays based on type as it gives you a deeper playbook to use. You will learn more plays thus having more to choose from in any situation than just the 10-20 you've mastered already and continue to over learn(aka get stuck around 40-50%). THATS A WASTE OF GAMEPLANNING TO ME! Gameplanning is supposed to deepen your playbook, not keep it shallow/simple...

But play how you want as no one here can stop you. If you enjoy always doing the same thing every week every game every play, do that. I just cant, its too boring and simple for me... I much prefer doing different gameplans every day of every week so Im always trying to learn more/different plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »