Home

I don't understand Production

This is a discussion on I don't understand Production within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I don't understand Production

I would caution you to be careful of drawing conclusions from a small data set. If you don't have enough data, then your conclusions will be as random as the data!

As for Serna and Bironas specifically, I would love to get the raw data to analyze. If you would like to log data for kickoff distance and direction for each kick and each kicker over a season (BTW, you cannot compare fairly if you have kicks that are in different directions relative to the wind, remember kick direction changes each quarter), I would be happy to compute the statistics and report back what, if anything, can be concluded from the data.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
From all I've ever seen and all I've heard from the developers, there are really only a couple of factors in player performance on the field. Playbook knowledge, your player ratings, Performance skill with your coaches(particularly the position coaches), and position skills by your coaches(particularly the position coaches). Your Playcall skill and Strategy skill also play a part if you let the CPU do any playcalling.

Asomugha-I had 4 last year, 4 after 7 games this year. I'd guess Mastering the Playbook and getting Perf to 4 with DC and Perf to 5 with my HC also helped. There's also a degree of randomness in the game that can never be underestimated. I don't think anything is wrong with Riley, he just had an off year that one year.

It's really on you how much you want to listen to your GM. A lot of the time their suggestions are based on your philosophies and your roster minimums. As for Serna/Bironas-it's preseason.
When I spoke about Juran Riley, I said up until he was 27. What that means is I drafted him and it ended when I deleted that career and he was 27 years old at the time. He never had the kind of year people often speak about. I mostly used man coverage and he was rated 97 for man coverage. How he got that 97 is a mystery to me.

As for Bironas and Serna, yes it is pre-season, but so what? The kicker kicks and the ball travels a distance. We are talking kickoffs and why would it matter whether pre-season or regular season?

I know the developers talk about playbook knowledge, and do you recall what I said about making Donnie Avery a QB?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithPhins
I would caution you to be careful of drawing conclusions from a small data set. If you don't have enough data, then your conclusions will be as random as the data!

As for Serna and Bironas specifically, I would love to get the raw data to analyze. If you would like to log data for kickoff distance and direction for each kick and each kicker over a season (BTW, you cannot compare fairly if you have kicks that are in different directions relative to the wind, remember kick direction changes each quarter), I would be happy to compute the statistics and report back what, if anything, can be concluded from the data.
You don't have to believe me. I am certainly not going to extreme lengths to prove what is so obvious to me. They are kicking in the same game and first half for one and other half for the other in all 4 games.

I made Donnie Avery a QB before pre-season games began. In my first pre-season game, which was against Ravens who had Avery, Avery was used as a WR even though his position was QB. How did he do? He did better than Welker on my team. No drops, ran his routes beautifully, and caught every pass thrown his way. If you don't believe it, try it yourself.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
Rx3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You don't have to believe me. I am certainly not going to extreme lengths to prove what is so obvious to me. They are kicking in the same game and first half for one and other half for the other in all 4 games.

Wow.

It's a wonder anyone even tries to help you. The people commenting and trying to help you in your thread have so much knowledge and so many hours into this game it's ridiculous, and this is your attitude?

Keep showing your colors. Pretty soon no one will give a damn.

Yeah, somebody had to say it.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You don't have to believe me. I am certainly not going to extreme lengths to prove what is so obvious to me.
I believe your anecdotes. I don't believe your conclusions.

You are free to believe whatever you like, rational or not.

Last edited by SwimsWithPhins; 11-17-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx3
Wow.

It's a wonder anyone even tries to help you. The people commenting and trying to help you in your thread have so much knowledge and so many hours into this game it's ridiculous, and this is your attitude?

Keep showing your colors. Pretty soon no one will give a damn.

Yeah, somebody had to say it.
Why do you even read my posts
Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #47
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Rx, I have given up trying to help him. He appears to not care about the ad vice and help ppl are giving him. He just wants ppl to read his posts and spam up the board with what he thinks is broken and what he wants to say. Wasting your time trying to explain anything to him will just inferiorate you and make you wish you never said anything to him in the first place. He seeks attention and he is getting it. His posts about the game and random thoughts are IMHO him complaining about the game. He will however quote this and say....have you even been reading my posts? Then tell me maybe I should so I know what I am saying. The point of anything he posts is to get attention. I have given up trying to explain the game and how things work and what he should do to improve his game but he always falls back on the whole "I am the Patriots. My coaching staff is flawless and my team is the best...yet this and that is happening". He doesn`t really care what we say. Its never the correct answer.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Rx, I have given up trying to help him. He appears to not care about the ad vice and help ppl are giving him. He just wants ppl to read his posts and spam up the board with what he thinks is broken and what he wants to say. Wasting your time trying to explain anything to him will just inferiorate you and make you wish you never said anything to him in the first place. He seeks attention and he is getting it. His posts about the game and random thoughts are IMHO him complaining about the game. He will however quote this and say....have you even been reading my posts? Then tell me maybe I should so I know what I am saying. The point of anything he posts is to get attention. I have given up trying to explain the game and how things work and what he should do to improve his game but he always falls back on the whole "I am the Patriots. My coaching staff is flawless and my team is the best...yet this and that is happening". He doesn`t really care what we say. Its never the correct answer.
It doesn't surprise me that you know who likes your post. I find the both of you similar in character. But, hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, However, I must admit I am surprised they permit posts like yours on a discussion forum.

Anyway, since I don't have anything nice to say to you, I am walking away shaking my head in wonder...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »