Home

Coach upgrades changing players

This is a discussion on Coach upgrades changing players within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coach upgrades changing players

I have noticed after some special skill upgrades to coaches that players ratings and potentials change. In my second season with the Chargers my up an coming rookie WR from Zazzali 2009 path is 6'2" Tenn-Chatt Reggie Wyatt. After purchasing the Disciplined Routine SS with my WR coach, increases player stats that impact the ability to learn and remember plays, Vincent Jackson goes from 83 to 79 to 78 overall with matching potential after the next game while Reggie Wyatt went from a 78 to 82 with potential 91 I think. Both made a handful of catches each in the next two games. So if I upgraded a WR special skill that helps them learn and remember plays why would some players get worse and others better? V Jax is now the lowest overall WR on my team and has a big contract. Has anyone else experienced similar changes when after purchasing coach upgrades or special skills? I haven't noticed others like this in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coach upgrades changing players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopedman
I have noticed after some special skill upgrades to coaches that players ratings and potentials change. In my second season with the Chargers my up an coming rookie WR from Zazzali 2009 path is 6'2" Tenn-Chatt Reggie Wyatt. After purchasing the Disciplined Routine SS with my WR coach, increases player stats that impact the ability to learn and remember plays, Vincent Jackson goes from 83 to 79 to 78 overall with matching potential after the next game while Reggie Wyatt went from a 78 to 82 with potential 91 I think. Both made a handful of catches each in the next two games. So if I upgraded a WR special skill that helps them learn and remember plays why would some players get worse and others better? V Jax is now the lowest overall WR on my team and has a big contract. Has anyone else experienced similar changes when after purchasing coach upgrades or special skills? I haven't noticed others like this in the past.
I have had that happen in past careers. I rode it out and after a few games the POT went back to where it was. I had it happen with Leron James. He went from a 94 to a 80 after I purchased a skill for my RB Coach. I was like F me! I just signed him to a 5 year deal worth 7 mil a year at least. I dont remember the specifics but I was pissed. I looked and his ratings hadn't changed. Just the OVR so I ran with it and it went back up to where it was before. I dunno if its a glitch but as long as the ratings didn't take a hit then you should be fine man.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Rookie

That makes me feel a bit better. After two games V Jax is still sitting low. Its nice to know things will return in a few more games. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Banned

He may also lose overall if he doesnt produce. Production is used in determining overall and as mrs has stated, if you have production over 95 you gain a overall point for each one over 95(IIRC).

Make sure you are calling plays that are designed to get vjax open and focuses on getting him the ball. I have no doubt that getting the special skill might have (reset him) back to a lower overall but it could also be late enough in the season where your player is just underperforming...

I could be totally wrong though and admit it, but I have seen overall drop when you arent getting the ball to someone on offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »