Home

Donovan McNabb as a Wide Receiver

This is a discussion on Donovan McNabb as a Wide Receiver within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Donovan McNabb as a Wide Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
If he knows the play as a qb, then he knows the plays as a wr. It's not rocket science. Tebow has caught passes this year too, and he didn't play wr in college either...
Are you comparing real football with this game? Has Tebow started as a WR in the NFL? Oh, let's say as in my example above, WR #4?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
The point of my post here is playbook knowledge, so let's talk about the significance of playbook knowledge in relation to Donovan McNabb.

I could go on with you about your experiences, but we are talking about a video game and its players.
See the post above. If Donovan gets the ball thrown his way, then it doesn't matter if he knows the play or not. He doesn't have to know a play to catch a football. I don't know what more you want, or why this is so difficult to grasp man. Guess I just can't help you.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
See the post above. If Donovan gets the ball thrown his way, then it doesn't matter if he knows the play or not. He doesn't have to know a play to catch a football. I don't know what more you want, or why this is so difficult to grasp man. Guess I just can't help you.
See my posts to you before this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Assuming you look at what I asked, are you saying that in this game we can use any QB at WR #4 and expect him to do well because he knows the WR routes? If you are, I ask that you test that theory by putting your QB at the number 4 slot in you depth chart. Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Assuming you look at what I asked, are you saying that in this game we can use any QB at WR #4 and expect him to do well because he knows the WR routes? If you are, I ask that you test that theory by putting your QB at the number 4 slot in you depth chart. Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes.
I have had my backup qb (Alex Brink) play te in a game when my starters got hurt. And yes, he did catch a ball. Think about it, if a qb knows the play, then of course he knows the routes. He has to know where his receivers are going to be. It's common sense. The qb has to know what every player does on every offensive play. If he didn't know the routes, he wouldn't know where any out his guys are supposed to be.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quarterbacks know everything the wide receivers are suppose to be doing, so how would he NOT have the play knowledge?

Plus, he had 5-catches in his NFL career.. so he has played a little receiver.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
MVP

And how old is McNabb in this game? What about the player covering him? How fast is McNabb? How is his release? How does he get open? Just because he knows the plays as a QB is not al that matters. You have to practice! McNabb was changed to WR just before the game, so he had no practice. Furthermore, if you guys think turning QBs into WRs is a good idea, we can save lots of money for the team. Instead of that backup sitting on the bench and doing nothing, make him a WR and use him as a QB only if necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Is this guy serious? My God, I quit. Somebody please for the love of God close this thread!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »